PDA

View Full Version : Freight Operators out of Bankstown

Jex
3rd Oct 2018, 01:01
Hi brains trust,

Can anyone give me an update on who is running freight out of Bankstown at the moment? Do Toll still use the Metro and Caravan?

cheers

Jex

drpixie
3rd Oct 2018, 01:58
I'm not with them but they are still operating out of Bankstown and I've certainly seen regular night movements of Metro and ATR. Couldn't say re Caravan.

Seagull201
3rd Oct 2018, 04:54
Caravan?

My understanding is yes!

I'm quite certain, but correct me if i'm mistaken, the Port Macquarie operator fly's 2 daily freight runs ( similar to bank runs), out of Bankstown,
and a PAC 750 freight run out of Cairns.

I think ICUS is also available.

You'll find their ad. on the afap website.

All the best.

Capt Fathom
3rd Oct 2018, 11:11
I'm quite certain, but correct me if i'm mistaken.

Are you sure?

Centaurus
3rd Oct 2018, 13:36
I think ICUS is also available.

But is it fair dinkum legal ICUS where by definition if the captain running the show disagrees with any operational decision by the ICUS pilot, then ICUS is automatically cancelled for the flight in terms of pilot logging. If that happens, the ICUS pilot probably doesn't get his money back. Not sure if that applies in Australia but as far as I know is a UK CAA (EASA?) directive.

LeadSled
4th Oct 2018, 08:53
But is it fair dinkum legal ICUS where by definition if the captain running the show disagrees with any operational decision by the ICUS pilot, then ICUS is automatically cancelled for the flight in terms of pilot logging. If that happens, the ICUS pilot probably doesn't get his money back. Not sure if that applies in Australia but as far as I know is a UK CAA (EASA?) directive.

Centaurus,
With very great respect, the rest of the world, including UK, doesn't have the hangups about what we call AICUS/ICUS.
Outside of Australia, it is not seen as some kind of cheat command time, but seen for what it is --- in the UK, P1 US, In Command Under Supervision, and logged as such, NOT logged as P1 (command)
As was the case in Australia until just one (then) Examiner of Airmen) got his knickers in a knot on the subject, and in true Australian fashion, another non-compliance with the spirit if Annex 1 was created. Have a look at the old ANRs and a DCA CA 7 log book, it's inside the front cover.
How do I know this, because said (now) FOI (but long since retired) is an old mate of mine, and I was personally disadvantaged, along with many of my peers, by dumping Annex1 compliance for homegrown nonsense.
Tootle pip!!

Jex
4th Oct 2018, 23:00
Ignoring the slight thread drift..... thank you for the info.

cheers

Jex

Seagull201
9th Oct 2018, 07:26
Are you sure?

Quite sure, Sir.

One run goes all the way up to, 1 hour cruise speed past Wagga (multi stops).

Other run goes all the way up to, 1 hour cruise speed past Tamworth (multi stops).

North Qld run, goes all the way to the Northern Islands of OZ.

A person needs to get endorsed on aircraft and hold an I/R, prior to commencing any possible ICUS flights.