PDA

View Full Version : LATCI/LATSI question

Catwalk Dweller
2nd Oct 2018, 10:00
Greetings to all,

Can someone please enlighten me as to which ICAO publication makes reference to an ATC facility requiring a LATCI (Local Air Traffic Control Instructions)? Or LATSI (Local Air Traffic Service Instructions)? (I've seen this document referred to both ways.)

I'm sure that I've seen it in the past, but I'll be danged if I can find it now - my first thought was Doc 9426 (Planning Manual), but I can't find it there. Have checked the other usual suspects (Annex 11, Doc 4444) but can find no mention of the requirement to have a LATCI/LATSI in either of those places. I've done a Google search, which has led me to some Nigerian and Czech regulations, but not to an ICAO source.

When I did see mention of a LATCI/LATSI in the past, I seem to remember it being only a vague, almost passing reference: i.e., it contained no definitive guidance as to content or format.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Farrell
3rd Oct 2018, 08:20
Hello Catwalk Dweller

You are indeed correct! It's Doc 9426 - just search for 1.9 Unit Operating Instructions :)

Farrell

Catwalk Dweller
3rd Oct 2018, 20:01
Farrell,

Many thanks - that certainly does cover it. The acronym LATCI (or LATSI) doesn't appear in there, but I guess that's neither here nor there. I just coulda sworn that I'd seen those specific acronyms before, but perhaps that's just my advancing age playing tricks on me.

At any rate, thanks again for the reference - much obliged!

Farrell
4th Oct 2018, 01:35
My pleasure!