PDA

View Full Version : Heads of State x 51 to Brussels.

Old Photo.Fanatic
30th Sep 2018, 14:43
Heads of State visit Brussels 18th/19th Oct.

A bit of a long shot, especially as Security must be a consideration.
I am in contact with the Airport departments, but as yet nothing back yet.

Does any one have any idea when the 51 Heads of state "Aircraft" may start arriving at Brussels Airport?

I plane to make a visit to hopefully photograph their arrival.
From contact already made re. security, I understand there should be no problem to photograph the Aircraft outside the airport e.g. out on the approach etc.
I am trying to find out as early as possible, so I can make hotel arrangements.
With advance thanks for any response which may be of help.
OPF.

Hotel Tango
30th Sep 2018, 17:43
A problem may arise for you with regard to runway in use. If the winds favour the parallels both 25R and 25L will be used for landings.

Old Photo.Fanatic
30th Sep 2018, 22:11
Thanks for the reply.
Having photographed at Brussels over the last 42 years, I know the Runway "use" Routines and best Photo locations etc. for all the runways at the Airport
I would anticipate that as per VIPs etc, the military "North" runway would be the preferred one to use.
As you say, both runways can and are used for some arrivals, so you have to take pot luck to start, then work out at time of visit what the best option may be.
I know the Aircraft will park up in the General aviation area, so the south runway could well be used in this case.
Just like life, you win some and lose some!!!!

OPF

Hotel Tango
30th Sep 2018, 23:35
I wonder if we ever bumped into each other? It's been a regular of mine near on 60 years (when the terraces were still in use). The more regular use of 25R for landings has made a little bit more of a lottery in recent years :(