PDA

View Full Version : MCC v APS

Tubeflyer
29th Sep 2018, 19:50
Evening everyone,

I’m looking for a bit of feedback as the title suggests on the new APS schemes. There were some previous threads when APS was in its infancy but now there are a few more available and RYR have stated preference to the APS scheme what are people’s thoughts?

Yes its its a lot more money but is it really worth it? I’m now weighing up my options and it’s difficult to justify spending the extra on what is relatively unknown at the moment. Anyone have any experience with the APS schemes?

My background is modular training with not perfect ATPL exam results, plus I’m older than a lot of applicants (30), which is making me think that the APS maybe worth it for me just to help me not get stuck at the bottom of a list of applications.

Thanks in in advance for any thoughts.

parkfell
30th Sep 2018, 21:32
APS is a combined MCC/JOC course which has been approved by the UK CAA.
Previously only the MCC element was approved,; the JOC was not regulated and could be conducted by anyone, anywhere, in any simulator. Some offered very good courses, others did not.

What your aspirations are, will to a large extent, determine the MCC course and simulator you opt for, and whether the JOC element will form part of it.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.