PDA

View Full Version : Oceania Air, NZ

Brakerider
29th Sep 2018, 06:03
Wannabe startup in NZ operating E175-195s? Looking for Crew.

https://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Pilot-Job-Posting-Pilot-Opening-Pilot-Job/13219/Oceania/Captains/Embraer-E170---E195/Oceania-Air-NZ

Contact is listed as:

Mr. Jason McCulloch, CEO

Oceania Air Limited
Auckland, NEW ZEALAND

RHSandLovingIt
29th Sep 2018, 06:29
Still looking for startup funding (as well as pilots) by the looks of it:

https://gust.com/companies/oceania-air-2

"Stage - Concept Only"

We are looking to compete against Air New Zealand and Jet Star by offering key domestic flights around New Zealand using ATR and Embraer aircraft. We will offer cheap, reliable and trustworthy.

But, cheap, reliable and trustworthy what? :confused::rolleyes:

Max Tow
29th Sep 2018, 07:08
I don't think for a moment that it's for real...the writer can't even proof read a two sentence summary ...or do enough research to write the competitor's name correctly (that should be "Jetstar", old chap). The assurance that "all financial calculations...may be incorrect" (even though there aren't any) is a hoot and last but not least, "Oceania Air" isn't exactly easy on the tongue, but perhaps that's just me.

Air Ace
29th Sep 2018, 22:06
"We are looking to compete against Air New Zealand and Jet Star by offering key domestic flights around New Zealand using ATR and Embraer aircraft".

Are they serious?

Caveat Emptor!

fullnoise
29th Sep 2018, 22:17
Air NZ and "Jet Star" scheduling crisis meetings as we speak.

AerialPerspective
30th Sep 2018, 01:17
I don't think for a moment that it's for real...the writer can't even proof read a two sentence summary ...or do enough research to write the competitor's name correctly (that should be "Jetstar", old chap). The assurance that "all financial calculations...may be incorrect" (even though there aren't any) is a hoot and last but not least, "Oceania Air" isn't exactly easy on the tongue, but perhaps that's just me.

What amuses me is the language used “We are looking to provide ‘key’ domestic flights... why not just domestic flights??? Why do purveyors of modern management speak have to use words like key and ‘real’ as in ‘produce real results’ - do they think that people with a good command of English need to be told that they’re real as opposed to what, ‘unreal’ results.

assuming this is not another Wilson folly???

Water Wings
30th Sep 2018, 01:52
A quick digging through the companies register shows the sole director is an 18 year old kitchen hand from Arrowtown who has registered the company to his parents address.

I'd recommend everyone leave their current employment and run (not walk) to get in on the ground floor of this opportunity.

Mach E Avelli
30th Sep 2018, 07:06
Do you think if I invested all my superannuation in this they would consider me for a direct entry command? Or would I go in at the bottom of the seniority list? What about staff travel? Business class I expect. How many gold bars on the uniform?

73qanda
30th Sep 2018, 08:34
You can have the standard four gold bars and a direct entry command if you pay for your training and invest 50% of your before tax salary in the company. If you invest 90% of your pay and make a smart investment of between $10,000 and $100,000 NZD prior to line training you can have six gold bars and one weekend off per 56 day roster.

tail wheel
30th Sep 2018, 19:44
Reminiscent of AAA Airlines? (For those with long memories....) :}

Stationair8
30th Sep 2018, 22:52
Hopefully Oceania Air, will have a rigorous and robust recruiting process to eliminate those pilots that not suited to the fast paced, rapid growth new start airline run by a dynamic team of individuals looking to move forward in the aviation sector!

mattyj
1st Oct 2018, 08:13
https://youtu.be/u1mg2qahjBE

beached az
3rd Oct 2018, 01:27
Looks like a duck........walks like a duck

QUACK :O :O

BAz :ok: