PDA

View Full Version : Too posh to be allowed to shut your own car door?

funfly
28th Sep 2018, 13:57
Too posh to be allowed to shut your own car door?
Have tried leaving my car door open for someone else to shut but so far no-one has offered. It's a disgrace that I have to shut the door myself, what is the world coming to?

dook
28th Sep 2018, 14:04
Send me your address and type of car by PM.

Pontius Navigator
28th Sep 2018, 14:06
Or as Prince Philip said (I think) a gentleman only closes his passenger 's door when it is his new car or new girlfriend.

denachtenmai
28th Sep 2018, 14:13
Send me your address, bank details, including any passwords and car keys and I will arrange for someone to shut the doors for you.
If you can send your house keys then I will ensure that your place of residence is shut up as well.

BehindBlueEyes
28th Sep 2018, 18:39
Good on Meghan.

I’m no fan of this out of date and ridiculous anachronism of etiquette that the royal family and particularly their hangers on seem to wish to perpetuate. Are they unwilling or unable to do anything in the remotest bit menial? Not sure if it is an apocryphal story but I recall reading somewhere that Prince Charles actually has his toothpaste squeezed onto his brush! Really?!

WingNut60
28th Sep 2018, 19:05
Now that's something to contemplate.
Camilla's toothbrush
​​​​​​​

hiflymk3
28th Sep 2018, 20:05
Now that's something to contemplate.
Camilla's toothbrush

​​​​​​​That's Charles isn't it?

cavortingcheetah
28th Sep 2018, 23:22
In 1989 Charles wished he could be reincarnated as a Tampax while Camilla hoped he would just come back as a box of the things so that he could keep on going. Since that conversation the intimacy as between their toothbrush and toothpaste routine has paled into relative insignificance.

Ascend Charlie
29th Sep 2018, 11:30
Reminded of Eddie Murphy in the opening scene of "Coming to America" -

(Bathing girl) "The royal penis is clean..."
(Eddie) (Sigh...) "Thank you..."

ShyTorque
29th Sep 2018, 11:59
At least they have moved on from employing a "Groom of the stool"..... ;)

cavortingcheetah
29th Sep 2018, 12:13
James Hewitt us rumoured to be the last man to hold such an important position as a reward for services rendered.

BehindBlueEyes
29th Sep 2018, 14:25
:}At least they have moved on from employing a "Groom of the stool"..... ;)

Royal ablution today.Often when the visit of a modern monarch is planned, for example during the construction of a new building, a special royal lavatory pavilion is built for the occasion

(courtesy of Wikipedia)

Got me thinking.

Why? And what DO the royals do in the lavatory that is so different from the rest of us, that they have to have special facilities? :eek: :}

DaveReidUK
29th Sep 2018, 17:06
Why? And what DO the royals do in the lavatory that is so different from the rest of us, that they have to have special facilities? :eek: :}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

WingNut60
29th Sep 2018, 17:12
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

I thought you'd left an 'e' off the end

As for the Groom of the Stool, I think that anyone who would sit in the bog with me deserves a knighthood too.

meadowrun
29th Sep 2018, 17:21
I understand Posh is not allowed to close any car doors....she bends them like Beckham.

The things people fixate on.............a self-debilitating soap opera in Washington and a woman able to close a door all by herself.

Krystal n chips
29th Sep 2018, 17:59
"Why? And what DO the royals do in the lavatory that is so different from the rest of us, that they have to have special facilities? "

Whilst I cannot answer your question, I can reveal, without breaching the O.S.A, that, on a visit to Bruggen by a member of the family, apart from the usual painting palava , a member of the former W.R.A,F ( some of the military cabbages on here may not yet be aware of the changes in the R.A.F in this respect ) was stationed outside the Ladies toilet in the Airmen's Mess in case, by some chance equivalent to the lottery odds, said member wished to use the facility and thus said airwoman was instructed to run both taps at the time the bodily functions were being performed.

I have mentioned this detailed contingency planning before because it would readily be associated with the thinking of a contributor on here, a former Admin Branch member ( as in Victorian ahem, literature ) , whom I cannot name......Siti old boy !...who was possibly present at the time of the visit .

Ascend Charlie
29th Sep 2018, 20:37
How about all those reports of royal body waste being lacquered and mounted on a shield in the crewroom?

WilliumMate
29th Sep 2018, 20:58
I can allude to certain waste pipe valves and a bucket collecting a product which was preserved with a 'Plasticraft' kit on a certain Royal Yacht that now resides up north. Pure gossip I believe.

;)

ExSp33db1rd
30th Sep 2018, 02:47
My Aunt was the Mayoress of her Yorkshire town at the time of a Royal Visit, and the Mayoress's Parlour was re-decorated lest the Royal visitor should need to use "The Facilities", which indeed she did. Following the act, my Aunt quickly followed to experience sitting on the seat whilst it was still warm - she said !

funfly
30th Sep 2018, 10:20
How about all those reports of royal body waste being lacquered and mounted on a shield in the crewroom?

And I know for a fact that a certain Richard the Third was kept from a Royal Flight (in the days the RAF did them) and raffled.

lomapaseo
30th Sep 2018, 19:47
Why? And what DO the royals do in the lavatory that is so different from the rest of us, that they have to have special facilities?[

They need the special facilities for a privy councilor to assist

hiflymk3
30th Sep 2018, 21:25
Do they use special toilet paper? With the royal crest?
Or a picture of Rupert Murdoch printed on it?

cavortingcheetah
30th Sep 2018, 21:56
Is the rumour true, that HRH Prince Charles uses talked to leaves?

obgraham
1st Oct 2018, 03:53
Wouldn't they just use Tenners? Has her pic on it.

cavortingcheetah
1st Oct 2018, 07:07
Purple being the colour of emperors, then for those of the middle class whose titular aspirations reach as far as the tallest wisteria,, nothing but a mound of freshly cleaned and minted QE11s will do.