PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Flight Deck Visit

Dick Fisher
30th Jul 2001, 21:29
This is my first message so I hope it's in the right place!
I'm off to Orlando on August 17th with Virgin from Manchester. Any idea of my chances of wangling a flight deck visit?

Trislander
30th Jul 2001, 22:23
Just ask either when you board the aircraft or during the flight whether you could visit the flightdeck. Easy as that.
Some reasons why you may be denied access:
-Pilot training
-Pilots eating dinner/lunch

Tri

------------------
http://www.aurigny.com/images.gb%20/trislander.jpg
"Ayline 221 airbourne"

scroggs
31st Jul 2001, 02:05
You will be competing with up to 200 kids who all want to visit the flight deck on the way to Disney. If you have a professional interest, have a short letter ready for the captain, via the IFS, when you board - that way you might get a longer visit than those kids.
However, these days the Gatwick-Orlando is on a -400, so you'd be just as well off with the PSS simulation on FS2000 (see, I know as much about FS2 as some of our spotters - how sad!!). Not as if it's a real aeroplane.... ;)

Orangewing
31st Jul 2001, 02:59
Erm, think he was flying from Manchester??? ;) :D :D

NigelS
31st Jul 2001, 12:50
Don't worry Scroggs, we won't hold it against you. We all know you're a serious aviator... ;)

old-timer
1st Aug 2001, 02:06
go for it, it's worth a look :-)

Hey Trislander, nice pic'
do you fly with Aurigny ?
I took a trip a couple of years ago,
a great aircraft ;-)

most of all,
have fun kids :-)

scroggs
1st Aug 2001, 02:08
So many threads; so little time....! Sorry, should have read more carefully. You will indeed be on a Classic. :o

skysoarer
1st Aug 2001, 04:00
Last time I saw a flight deck on a newer airliner (A340, easter) I was reminded of those nasty Asteroids arcade machines you get on piers! Bright, liney, garish graphics ... And for those who don't remember those and think I'm a geek, think of christmas tree lights... How many 10p pieces did I waste... :mad: