PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth communications with pax.

zac21
26th Sep 2018, 02:23
Hi Guys,
Looking for a stand alone bluetooth set-up with headsets for pax communications set up for Cessna Caravans.
We need a recorded safety briefing etc on departure then an enroute commentary which can be interrupted by crew for highlights etc.

Any worthwhile suggestions would be of great assistance!

Thanks.
Zac
PS: I tried Biz Jets forum but no response.

27/09
26th Sep 2018, 08:37
Hi Guys,
Looking for a stand alone bluetooth set-up with headsets for pax communications set up for Cessna Caravans.
We need a recorded safety briefing etc on departure then an enroute commentary which can be interrupted by crew for highlights etc.

Any worthwhile suggestions would be of great assistance!

Thanks.
Zac
PS: I tried Biz Jets forum but no response.

Had you thought about Infra Red headsets. Probably much easier to set up than Bluetooth, you can connect as many as you like. You can buy IR transmitters which you can easily feed an audio source into. I saw this used for exactly the same purpose as you refer to over 20 years ago. It worked a treat.

zac21
26th Sep 2018, 09:55
Had you thought about Infra Red headsets. Probably much easier to set up than Bluetooth, you can connect as many as you like. You can buy IR transmitters which you can easily feed an audio source into. I saw this used for exactly the same purpose as you refer to over 20 years ago. It worked a treat.

No, I had never heard of them!
But I guess I will learn a lot from doing a google on them,, Thanks for the heads up!

Ixixly
26th Sep 2018, 14:36
Out of interest, why go so far as to use Bluetooth? Why not just put in a CD Player or similar, attached to the Audio Panel and an add to output to all the headsets? Plenty of great systems out there that already handle this sort of thing without the hassle of wireless, batteries etc...etc... in wide spread use with companies that do Scenic Flights for a number of years using Garmin Audio Panels, allows you to isolate so they can listen to the Music/Commentary, You, Radios or a combo.

zac21
28th Sep 2018, 04:11
Bluetooth, IR or whatever, they want it 'wireless' so it can be used in other aircraft rather than 'hard wired'.
I have found some available at great cost [EQ Link cordless headsets], but there must be other products out there somewhere?