PDA

View Full Version : AFTA - Ryanair training schemes

ShamrockF
25th Sep 2018, 17:38
Just saw this on Instagram. Does anyone have an idea of the costs or timelines for each option?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/640x790/c8c5a5bd_e670_4a06_8df7_1b0af5cfd464_0613ed54519336e8d506eb0 f39a877724f95b5e2.jpeg

Nurse2Pilot
25th Sep 2018, 19:22
Not a 0-fATPL programme?

ShamrockF
25th Sep 2018, 19:57
I think they also offer one of those too.

flapsupboy
25th Sep 2018, 21:09
Any idea about the fees for gateway 1 and 2

hoduka
26th Sep 2018, 12:28
I think for gateway 2, the APS-MCC course is/was similar which was 10,000 euros. So I would guess something around that.

ShamrockF
26th Sep 2018, 13:17
for 1; €83000 for 2; price TBC

Seems quite high since the 0-fATPL scheme with AFTA is around €75,000.

MaverickPrime
26th Sep 2018, 18:27
I am still waiting for figures so I’m only speculating.

AFTAs current MEP CPL IR MCC is circa €35,000. The current MCC has not currently got APS standard approval, though it is in the pipeline as Ryanair have requested this from AFTA. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cost of the MCC part of the course increases in lieu of this.

There is the Ryanair bond to pay on top of all this; if going down gateway 1, I don’t think there would be much change out of €40k.

airbourne
16th Nov 2018, 22:13
Hi, has anybody got any feedback of the assesment of the Ryanair Mentorship? I will be hoping to do the APS MCC if anybody can give me a better insight to this route. Cheers

I would like to see if NFC is going to do this as well. Would be a lot handier than making the trip to Cork.

Lots of ex-NFC guys in Ryanair so I couldn't see why not.

Milhous
16th May 2019, 21:23
Does anyone have any updates on this?
I believe it's about 85k to go with afta through Ryanair, 79k to do the integrated without Ryanair.
It would be nice to have a FO job lined up after spending that kind of money, however, even after training is completed, you still have another assessment with Ryanair to see if you can proceed to get type rated? Or have I read that wrong!?

I was looking at nfc in Dublin because they would be way more convenient for my location but they're not partnered up with any airlines, they have mentioned getting recruited would not an issue as there are plenty of jobs at present, however, they are selling a course so I'm unsure. What is the market like, what will it be like over next 2 years!?

The dream is FTE Jerez, a lot of airlines seem to hire directly from them, however its a lot more money (120k) so it's not a runner for me at present.

I know there's a whole thread on integrated - v- modular but I feel like both nfc and afta have seemed to gloss over modular when I was chatting to them, as much to say in for a penny in for a pound. I do have an option of a three day week with my current job but they said I'd still be looking at between 3 and 4 years?

Thanks for any help you give..

Aspiring pilot.

Milhous
17th May 2019, 17:36
Go modular and do PPL, ATPL and Hour building all while working and living at home

You can then take 2-3 months off and do a CPL ME IR for around €20k if you open your options up to other countries

Just my 2 cents on how I would go about it

If you want to go Integrated AFTA have an excellent reputation and have the partnership as well with Ryanair so they would also be a great option

Yes I think that's the best option, I'll get my Ppl and ATPL local and take it from there. I'll also have a better idea of the jobs market by then.

​​​​