PDA

View Full Version : PHOTO TRANSFER

SPIT
25th Sep 2018, 13:42
Hi
Could anyone help me. My wife wishes to transfer some photos from her Mobile Phone to my Computer (win 10) to print out some??? HOW do I do it ??? and it has to be simple as by now you will have guessed I am NOT computer literate.

Redredrobin
25th Sep 2018, 13:49
Android is easy. iPhone don't know, but probably not, sorry, not a fan thereof

dook
25th Sep 2018, 17:25
Try e-mail - it works for us.

Jhieminga
25th Sep 2018, 17:26
You're going to have to give us a bit more information. What phone are we talking about?

ericlday
26th Sep 2018, 12:53
How about Bluetooth ?

dook
26th Sep 2018, 17:44
I say again - email.

Mobile type irrelevant.

andytug
26th Sep 2018, 19:07
Email is fine but slow. Easiest way for a large number is cloud storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, One drive etc). Or on Android store photos on SD card, remove and insert into PC reader, very fast that way but only worth it for a large number. Most Android phones will let you plug into PC and see phone as external drive, then copy paste, but this tends to be a bit slower. IPhone needs ITunes, at least installed as it's the only way to get the drivers, you can then use a third party solution such as MediaMonkey.

I find best way to print photos from home is to use the terminals in Max Spielmann, connect phone via wifi or Bluetooth, select photos and print. Saves your expensive printer ink as well....

CISTRS
27th Sep 2018, 02:02
I can drive my Brother printer from my computer and from my Android devices (via WiFi). Is there an App for your printer?
I would also endorse the suggestions of email and DropBox to transfer to your PC.
My Android phone appears as an external drive when connected by USB to the PC.
So - lots of options...

Capn Bloggs
27th Sep 2018, 02:04
Disclaimer: this is for Windows 7:

iphone (:yuk:) : Windows Photo Transfer can be used quite successfully, no need for spewtunes or slowcloud. Plug in iphone, in Windows Explorer/Computer, right click on iphone and choose "import pictures and videos" and follow your nose from there.

IPhone needs ITunes, at least installed as it's the only way to get the drivers
Not correct for Win 7. Just plug in idevice, Windows will install drivers (at least for photo and video transfer). If you don't have heaps of ipictures, you can browse the DCIM folders for the pics you want to copy to PC or print.

jimjim1
27th Sep 2018, 20:15
On Samsung you can Backup the phone with the Kies or Smart Switch software - depending on model of phone.

At least some of the photos (normal Camera ones) are put in the folder named like

C: \Users\Tim\Documents\samsung\SmartSwitch\backup\SM-G920F\SM-G920F_your-phone-number\SM-G920F_other-magic-number\Photo\DCIM\Camera

SM-G920F is the model of phone in THIS case.

Video
C: \Users\Tim\Documents\samsung\SmartSwitch\backup\SM-G920F\SM-G920F_your-phone-number\SM-G920F_other-magic-number\Photo\DCIM\Camera

Nige321
28th Sep 2018, 08:36
If your Android https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/pukey.gif has an SD card slot, use file manger to transfer them to the card, then pop the card in a PC.
It's glacially slow though...

Ancient Observer
28th Sep 2018, 12:00
For Android.

Creat a new file on your pc. Call it SWMBO photos.

Connect phone to pc via the charging cable. Take the cable out of the plug first!

A little screen will pop up and ask you want you want to do. Tell it you want to browse.

Browse, select the ones you want to transfer. Right click and copy. Copy to new folder. Print when needed.

For an apple phone, read up on itunes.

Bull at a Gate
4th Oct 2018, 16:58
If the mobile is an iPhone you don’t need to use iTunes. Just plug the phone in to a USB port, tell both devices to trust each other, and you can get access the photos stored on the phone through windows explorer. Or, if there aren’t many and you don’t mind not getting high resolution you can always email them to yourself, as has been mentioned above.