PDA

View Full Version : PPL in Hungary

nord121
23rd Sep 2018, 15:09
Im looking for info from anyone who has done their PPL or other rating in any schools in Hungary?

I am particularly looking at Flyteam.hu as they have a good looking bundle of PPL+ NR for €7350. Learning is at a distance which enables you to get your PPL in around 5-6 weeks which is important for me.

Their is not much info about them on here, has anyone had any experience with them? Or can anyone recommend any other schools in Hungary that use distance learning and where you can get your PPL intensively?

Thanks,

Nord

turbopropmike
23rd Sep 2018, 20:28
I can recommed one in LHKA, ( skytaxi . hu ) I have only gone there for some time building, but the ppl students I met there seem happy, I was happy with them too
the problem is that there is nothing to do in that city apart from flying, there is a supermarket and that seems to be the landmark of the city apart from the aerodrome

I know people who have donde their nvfr with flyteam and havent heard of anything bad with them. But with them I'd go to Szedged instead of Budapest. The budapest TMA is very limiting, and a lot of ga traffic .

magyarflyer
23rd Sep 2018, 23:44
I can recommed one in LHKA, ( skytaxi . hu ) I have only gone there for some time building, but the ppl students I met there seem happy, I was happy with them too
the problem is that there is nothing to do in that city apart from flying, there is a supermarket and that seems to be the landmark of the city apart from the aerodrome

I know people who have donde their nvfr with flyteam and havent heard of anything bad with them. But with them I'd go to Szedged instead of Budapest. The budapest TMA is very limiting, and a lot of ga traffic .

budaors is a grass field west of budapest, they have a flying school there with 150's etc
the airspace west of it is clear except for glider work

SeGMaN
24th Sep 2018, 00:02
I have a friend who has done ppl with flyteam and he was not speaking highly of flyteam, i also dont suggest skytaxi as well. Rivair might be better option than them, check airwin and cavok as well. Panaero Croatia may be an option too.

turbopropmike
24th Sep 2018, 00:34
I have a friend who has done ppl with flyteam and he was not speaking highly of flyteam, i also dont suggest skytaxi as well. Rivair might be better option than them, check airwin and cavok as well. Panaero Croatia may be an option too.

yes :) nothing but plenty of options in Hungary, eager to know though why you said that about skytaxi ( maybe going there as student and not just renting their planes out is much different and worse )

nord121
24th Sep 2018, 11:56
Thanks all for your responses, given me something to think about as I was pretty set on flyteam.hu.

Airwin seems like a good option given the accomodatiom on site, anyone got experience with them?

flapsupboy
8th Oct 2018, 15:48

Any updates about skytaxi.hu a.k.a BestFly,,Do they have an approval from the Hungarian civilaviation authority.How were the conditions of planes and how was the weather there?I'll be there for some hour building + a conversion.

turbopropmike
8th Oct 2018, 22:02
they had aproval last time I was there. The condition of the planes was bad avionics wise, their engines are good, but radios, avionics, etc.. terrible. But for 92 euros per hour what can you expect? weather is good, even when its raining in nearby towns i have been able to fly. In fact everyday Ive been wanting to fly Ive been able to do so. once I went there unexpectedly ( i went to hungary for another reason, and I had half day free, so I went to their aerodrome in kalocsa, within 30 min of arriving and telling one of the instructors my intentions I was flying. this for me is more important than fancy avionics, etc...

nord121
9th Oct 2018, 13:18
I’ve contacted some references at flyteam.hu from the UK amd they all seem to be rather positive.

Plus the fact you can do your PPL/ NVFR for 7300 intensively is a big bonus for me.

Just incase anyone was wondering. They only offer English tuition at their Szeged base not their Budapest base.

Ilikemylaptop
30th Aug 2019, 19:20
They're offering PPL+ATPL theory for 8920€, which seems insane to me. Has anyone done the course with them? Is it legit? Any info would be greatly appreciated

nord121
31st Aug 2019, 08:15
They're offering PPL+ATPL theory for 8920€, which seems insane to me. Has anyone done the course with them? Is it legit? Any info would be greatly appreciated

hello,

i posted above in October last year.

I went and got my PPL in 28 days with them in January and it’s legit.

Its intense and you will be flying 5+ hours a day.

Clausencallum
18th Apr 2023, 11:29
Any updates about skytaxi.hu a.k.a BestFly,,Do they have an approval from the Hungarian civilaviation authority.How were the conditions of planes and how was the weather there?I'll be there for some hour building + a conversion.

Hi
Any update on how the hour building/conversion went at skytaxi?:)
Callum

flapsupboy
19th Apr 2023, 16:41
Yeah, check all my posts.

Trogdortheburninator
26th Apr 2023, 12:59
Does anybody have any newer info on bestfly? Have their avionics improved at all in the following years?

ATPLol
26th Mar 2024, 20:09
Does anybody have any newer info on bestfly? Have their avionics improved at all in the following years?
Hi, recently been there, their avionics are analog, with some inop ones. The C172 are glass and all avionics good.

flywith_neil
9th Apr 2024, 07:20
Best-Fly is also good.