PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Air

FlexToga
22nd Sep 2018, 20:55
Any info regarding this new company ?

safelife
23rd Sep 2018, 04:35
People with some degree of insight say it's going forward, lots of money behind.
​​​​​

BAe 146-100
23rd Sep 2018, 13:00
No AOC as of yet... could it be a case of all smoke and mirrors?

Count von Altibar
29th Sep 2018, 12:28
Any more updates on the Bamboo AOC and planned start date?

squarecrow
15th Nov 2018, 09:58
https://aviationvoice.com/welcome-a-new-airline-bamboo-airways-201811131239/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=welcome_a_new_airline&utm_term=2018-11-13

oldpax
15th Nov 2018, 10:46
it will soon branch out but its roots are in Asia!!!

Hogger60
19th Nov 2018, 13:33
Bamboo Airways eyeing 29 December launch19 NOVEMBER, 2018
SOURCE: FLIGHT GLOBAL
BY: GREG WALDRON
SINGAPORE

Vietnam startup carrier Bamboo Airways is eyeing 29 December for its first flight, which would keep with its timeline of starting operations before the end of the year.

The 29 December date was disclosed by parent FLC Group in a statement related to an agreement between it and state-owned companies Petrolimix, Petrolimix Aviation Fuel and Petrolimix Insurance.

Petrolimix Aviation Fuel will support the airline’s fuel, and the insurance arm will be the airline’s preferred insurance provider. In turn, the two units will make Bamboo their preferred provider.

The statement adds that Bamboo will start operations with 10 aircraft, growing to 20 in the first quarter of 2019.

Bamboo Airways received its air transport business licence in early November, but still needs an air operators’ certificate before launching services.

The carrier had planned to start services on 10 October, but this date passed without a launch, apparently owing to holdups with its AOC.

Bamboo's website is not yet selling tickets. As for the route network, the airline plans to link Northeast Asia to FLC resorts in secondary Vietnamese cities such as Quang Ninh, Hai Phong, Thanh Hoa, Binh Dinh, Quang Binh, Phu Quoc, and Nha Trang. Eventually it hopes to operate services to Europe and North America.

In a recent interview posted on FLC’s website, Bamboo vice-president and general manager Duong Thi Mai Hoa said the company is closely monitoring its AOC application. She adds that the company has been adding personnel and technical capabilities in preparation for a launch.

She reiterated that the carrier will offer full-service amenities, but be cost competitive with low-cost carriers.

Flight Fleets Analyzer shows that three aircraft are scheduled to start leases with Bamboo in the coming months - one A319 and two A320s that are listed as stored and managed by Standard Chartered Aviation Finance. The three jets are powered by International Aero Engines V2500 engines.

The airline will also take three A320neos from the orderbook of CDB Aviation, which are expected to enter service from July to November 2019.

In addition, Bamboo has letters of intent for 20 Boeing 787-9s and 24 A321neos.

dragongoliath
19th Nov 2018, 20:34
Are they hiring pilots?

safelife
21st Nov 2018, 14:21
Home | Jetwork (http://jetwork.net/home/#/job/19)

http://career.flc.vn/job/bamboo-airways-captain-a320-1.35a64df1.html
http://career.flc.vn/job/bamboo-airways-first-officer-a320-1.35a64df2.html

https://www.bambooairways.com/en/career/

solo123
21st Nov 2018, 14:30
I have just received skype interview call from them, looking for a guideline to study

BAe 146-100
15th Feb 2019, 03:53
They was supposed to be the highest payer in Vietnam, now the salary they offer is super low and is actually behind VNA, for expats anyway...

They was hiring guys without even sim check... I think they are not the serious player like it seemed a few months ago.

kwaiyai
15th Feb 2019, 09:10
I got email from FCI saying no sim check,11k USD PM plus some other stuff. Ive deleted it otherwise
would paste here. I am not interested personally as heard to much from Contacts in VN
and nearby about this lot ald.

NandoSB
15th Feb 2019, 10:37
Hi Guys, anything else from this company? I've done the online test and I have a Skype Interview next week. Could anyone say a little more about roster, bases and also, about the skype interview?

Smokie
17th Feb 2019, 22:16
Definitely up and running now. Bamboo call signs every day on the airwaves. Several have gone to Boo from my company already, more to follow.

CM1A320
17th Feb 2019, 23:03
Bamboo is growing fast, and jetstar pacific will be replaced by VinAir, owned by Holding giant Vin Group.
lots of 320 jobs with the lowest salaries of the region.

Superpilot
18th Feb 2019, 09:45
Aaah, the old Bamboo.

NandoSB
18th Feb 2019, 13:33
The salary as I heard is the average salary for pilots in Vietnam. 7 for FO and 11 for Cpt. The

Check2
20th Feb 2019, 03:34
Yeah I’ve done the online, but they are super busy, I think with the recruiting. Like most start up LCC Airlines I think.
i believe some Skype Interviews have been cancelled.

Check2
25th Feb 2019, 22:33
Hi Gang,

could any any share the Skype interview type questions? Tech,Behavioural, ?
PM if you wish..
cheers and happy travels

boomboom
26th Feb 2019, 07:47
I had a look at these Conditions and just want to ask guys if there really going through with it... these Ts and Cs are pathetic...Vietnam is not a cheap place to live like it was around 10yrs ago...even VNA and Jetstar are way better in $ and commuting..This is disgraceful, what are some off you guys thinking, but i guess thats the game now, guys will take a good pounding to be a pilot...cant wait to get out off the game

tgo15
27th Feb 2019, 12:00
Has anyone applied to this company? What is the real deal. I heard they had “quick interview & no sim check” is that true. Is that even a standard?

How much are they paying, commuting roster right?

My friend just passed me all the info, but looks like they don't have 737 aircraft.
any info would be helpful. Thanks

Sandysin
2nd Mar 2019, 08:29
Hi friends,
I am thinking to apply here as DEC on A320. Can anyone be kind enough to let me know about the online exam contents and what type of questions do they ask during Skype interview. Any other details concerning the airline or its working can be shared too. Information can be in boxed.
Thanks a lot for help.

Luke SkyToddler
3rd Mar 2019, 01:01
I don't get it with regard to the crazy recruitment of foreign pilots, they only have a couple of VN reg aircraft, the rest are wet leased from Turkey

And there is a LOT of local pilots from VNA and Vietjet applied and been accepted to go there, it's a good deal for them, not so much for the expats.

All you guys getting excited about applying there, I suggest you get ready for a long wait, because they simply don't have the planes yet and there's plenty of guys already in the queue to fly them.

BAe 146-100
3rd Mar 2019, 19:24
As usual doom monger Luke to the rescue, yes they need pilots. They did away with the sim process due to the ex vna instructors there failing lots in the sim.

The aircraft are not here yet but they will be coming and they need crewing.

squarecrow
4th Mar 2019, 08:37
Says here Bamboo confirmed an order with Boeing for 10 B787's

https://aviationvoice.com/bamboo-airways-orders-10-boeing-787-dreamliners-2-201902281820/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=british_airways_switches_to_boeing_777x&utm_term=2019-03-04

Goaround33
4th Mar 2019, 21:27
Hi...some info about the online test and Skype interview? Thanks

throttle1
5th Mar 2019, 13:50
+1000 quite a shame really

throttle1
5th Mar 2019, 13:51
I had a look at these Conditions and just want to ask guys if there really going through with it... these Ts and Cs are pathetic...Vietnam is not a cheap place to live like it was around 10yrs ago...even VNA and Jetstar are way better in $ and commuting..This is disgraceful, what are some off you guys thinking, but i guess thats the game now, guys will take a good pounding to be a pilot...cant wait to get out off the game
+1000 quite a shame really

jin1111
17th Mar 2019, 02:51
The atrans is posting bamboo airways cadet program. They establish BAA vietnam to send their customer to lithuania.

people got training from lithuania are waiting to enter bamboo airways more than year.

Also their a320 type rating didn't accept any other country except vietnam.

So i think atrans, baa in vietnam, baa in lithuania all of them are great scammer in aviation world.

What do you think about it?

deleteyourmail
29th Mar 2019, 10:48
Hi guys, any chance if anyone has any information regarding their online Skype Interview test? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Thanh18duc18
2nd Apr 2019, 05:30
The atrans is posting bamboo airways cadet program. They establish BAA vietnam to send their customer to lithuania.

people got training from lithuania are waiting to enter bamboo airways more than year.

Also their a320 type rating didn't accept any other country except vietnam.

So i think atrans, baa in vietnam, baa in lithuania all of them are great scammer in aviation world.

What do you think about it?

Yes it’s true. Don’t approach the ATRANS.
Especially, Tony is the worst scammer.

Wonder Dog
4th Apr 2019, 12:12
Hi Solo,

any luck with your inquiries?

ill have my test on soon too.

wondering what they want to know.

cheers

polax52
25th Apr 2019, 06:22
Any idea of the B787 Captain salary?

BAe 146-100
25th Apr 2019, 06:34
Yes it’s true. Don’t approach the ATRANS.
Especially, Tony is the worst scammer.

Tony and his mob were kicked out of Vietjet and now they are in Bamboo, it tells you the nature of this outfit if this corrupt gang was allowed in... avoid

Dogged
27th Apr 2019, 13:55
I have heard that Bamboo offered 787 First Officers and Captains confirmed starting dates and then cancelled the job offer with no notice. This was after people signed contracts and gave up their current positions. They are now at home, unemployed and left searching for other employment because Bamboo will not commit to any new start dates.
Any truth to this?

Dogged
27th Apr 2019, 14:11
Ummmm. I have a question... On what planet does anyone accept a job offer on a type that the airline doesn't even own yet? I doubt "cancelled" is the right word here? They probably postponed their start date... as expected.
On planet "SIGNED CONTRACT" I suppose.

Cool banana
27th Apr 2019, 15:56
I have heard that Bamboo offered 787 First Officers and Captains confirmed starting dates and then cancelled the job offer with no notice. This was after people signed contracts and gave up their current positions. They are now at home, unemployed and left searching for other employment because Bamboo will not commit to any new start dates.
Any truth to this?

Who the agency, Rishworth or Brookfield? Just left you high and dry, then consider using another agency as VNA is looking for Capt/Fo On the B787.

Currently there 45 pilot waiting for their CAAV Licence for the A320 fleet and those waiting haven’t been paid yet for over 2 months.

Nageeb
28th Apr 2019, 06:19
Who the agency, Rishworth or Brookfield? Just left you high and dry, then consider using another agency as VNA is looking for Capt/Fo On the B787.

Currently there 45 pilot waiting for their CAAV Licence for the A320 fleet and those waiting haven’t been paid yet for over 2 months.

not reliable company , you get accepted ,you go there on your own and no accommodations and no airplanes
and you end up with no job no salary

fire1982
29th Apr 2019, 06:15
this is why never go for a start up...

Count von Altibar
29th Apr 2019, 13:43
This is all sounding a bit dodgy to me. Maybe best to avoid the bamboo!

umop apisdn
1st May 2019, 12:24
On planet "SIGNED CONTRACT" I suppose.
Contracts are about as valuable and as legally enforceable as toilet paper in Vietnam.

4runner
2nd May 2019, 07:46
Contracts are about as valuable and as legally enforceable as toilet paper in Vietnam.

I can validate this statement. It works both ways too. Additionally, there is no such thing as a type rating, predicated on a contract, unless in a third world police state, ie The PRC or Nam. Even then, your license can be held in bureaucratic limbo, but you still have the certificate. Unless you’re in Rwanda, then they physically take your license if you’re PNG’d or terminated. The respective CAA can then refuse to validate your certificate to a requesting body. IE a perspective employer. In which case your new employer or CAA will see this as a confirmation of your job history and HR will receive confirmation as to why you are seeking employment at airline XYZ in said nation. Or, rarely, the job in question is in another police state and managed by morons. In which case, their heads will explode that their request for your validation was denied. Then they’ll call you up and say something like “my, you weren’t kidding where you”?, or “we are unfortunately unable to validate your experience at this time”, followed by stamps, official forms in triplicate, a head bobble or suspicious glances.

Murray_
15th May 2019, 13:16
Does anyone know anything about this company?
I've heard some rumors regarding salary and benefits. Is that true that they dont provide acomodation and flight ticket for foreingers? Any info would be appreciated, thanks

Luke SkyToddler
16th May 2019, 03:10
No Vietnamese airline provides accommodation. VNA are the only ones that give free, business class, tickets home on rostered weeks off.

ia1166
6th Jun 2019, 22:52
The 787 course is cancelled again.. they advised the pilots to resign and join the GS course in april. Then may 20th. After that june 17th.. and now again postpone till mid July..

Pilots have resign their current employers and have make arrangements to come to HANOI with tickets and apartments (pay by the pilot not Bamboo or agency)

They seem to play with pilot's lifes. Encouraging them to resign, leave proper jobs and now they are jobless and without any further sign of responsibility from Bamboo..

​​​​​​
As well the have change conditions reducing salary 25% of what they advertised. But agencies still announced GS courses and full salary which is a scam.

​​​​​

people actual resign from a 787 paying job to join an airline with no 787 planes?

TruthSeeker2
24th Jun 2019, 12:39
Apparently a pilot from the unmentionable airline in the Middle East is joining (has joined?) as B787 fleet manager, initials SS. This pilot was a 737 only pilot who joined the Boeing CCL contract to be an instructor on the 737. He was type rated on the 787 and flew a total of 2-3 flights from an operating seat before joining the unmentionable airline with a magical 400-500 hours of PIC time in type. Liars like that have no place in aviation. If this is true, Bamboo should get rid of him quick before his lack of integrity and honesty adversely affect the airline.

BAe 146-100
25th Jun 2019, 02:01
Wouldn’t surprise me, would join the long list of fakers in VN.

Sheep01
27th Jun 2019, 06:48
Has anyone received start dates for the A330?

Jetjock330
28th Jun 2019, 18:26
TruthSeeker2, Please keep him;)

BAe 146-100
14th Jul 2019, 15:52
Last week's Skype interviews were cancelled, seems if you want to join this company the best thing is your already unemployed, don't leave a airline to join there.

jimmyg
15th Jul 2019, 12:23
When CEO of Bamboo Airways EDDY DOYLE was presented with recruiting contract breaches and misrepresentations, he immediately blocked my Linkedln profile from Bamboo.

kwaiyai
15th Jul 2019, 13:23
Eddy Doyle, sounds like a used car sales person.

jimmyg
15th Jul 2019, 14:37
Replaced/fired VP of Ops Air Canada....rumor has it had much to do with handling of multiple flight operation incidents and near disastrous Air Canada Flt 759 SFO

skyrocket
12th Oct 2019, 12:04
Whats up with the hand over heart BS? Swearing a legion to the company?

alohadje
29th Oct 2019, 04:48
Despite the negative comments (and I do not work for them), I can see more and more bamboo aircrafts here and the people working there are happy so far. Not much flying hours as they are a bit crowded and prepared for the next aircrafts to come. A lot of Brazilians joined since June/July following a bankruptcy...

Stuntpiloot
8th Dec 2019, 00:45
Still nobody here who knows more about the ins and outs of the company.
it all sounds promising but with a startup.. you never know

kwaiyai
9th Dec 2019, 10:14
Yeah, thats gotta be a clue.

AAhamed
5th Jan 2020, 16:41
Aircrafts, a mixture of planes coming from Etihad, Aeroflot, etc. Most of the fleet is now used.
company is looking to enter in the stock market and they offer stock options to employees several times. Looks like they need cash flow.
Vietnamese pilots got an productivity bonus at the end of the year. Expats none. Segnority list for Vietnamese only.
Still NO monthly roster. The schedule is changed daily and you have maximum five days of planning.
Rostering keep swapping your day available for company needs to day off after 11PM, so no real days off.
Training and dead head flights during your days off not counted as duty time. You are planned for positioning flights during your days off or your annual leave.
Layover day’s reimbursement policy have been changing several times. The last is 8,5 USD for SIM days or ground training only.
DFO is a kid playing with stickers on company Viber profile.
HR department is far far away to an airline standard. Too complicated and slow, quite unuseful.
FLC group benefits as hotel use or golf courts well sponsored as employees benefits are dreams only. The procedures to get them are quite unrealistic and created to avoid any chance to give them.
Several Expats are looking around to move quickly away.

bringbackthe80s
6th Jan 2020, 03:29
Doesn’t sound too tempting I have to say!

Kuo Yan Hsin
6th Jan 2020, 18:35
Aircrafts, a mixture of planes coming from Etihad, Aeroflot, etc. Most of the fleet is now used.
company is looking to enter in the stock market and they offer stock options to employees several times. Looks like they need cash flow.
Vietnamese pilots got an productivity bonus at the end of the year. Expats none. Segnority list for Vietnamese only.
Still NO monthly roster. The schedule is changed daily and you have maximum five days of planning.
Rostering keep swapping your day available for company needs to day off after 11PM, so no real days off.
Training and dead head flights during your days off not counted as duty time. You are planned for positioning flights during your days off or your annual leave.
Layover day’s reimbursement policy have been changing several times. The last is 8,5 USD for SIM days or ground training only.
DFO is a kid playing with stickers on company Viber profile.
HR department is far far away to an airline standard. Too complicated and slow, quite unuseful.
FLC group benefits as hotel use or golf courts well sponsored as employees benefits are dreams only. The procedures to get them are quite unrealistic and created to avoid any chance to give them.
Several Expats are looking around to move quickly away.

Thanks Aahamd! I was thinking of joining as a cabin crew but now I don't think it's a good idea...
The package expat cabin crew get must be much worse. Plus the airline doesn't sound safe to me.
However, does anyone know more about the cabin crew side? Will they promote foreign crew as cabin managers or do they have existing ones to say the least... Thanks for sharing!

BAe 146-100
7th Jan 2020, 17:09
What has been said above is all true, they have already fired a expat captain with 3 days notice over something trivial... typical Viet dictatorship airline , avoid unless your jobless with no other options!!

umop apisdn
7th Jan 2020, 23:32
Thanks Aahamd! I was thinking of joining as a cabin crew but now I don't think it's a good idea...
The package expat cabin crew get must be much worse. Plus the airline doesn't sound safe to me.
However, does anyone know more about the cabin crew side? Will they promote foreign crew as cabin managers or do they have existing ones to say the least... Thanks for sharing!
Vietnamese airlines hire foreign flight attendants?

Kuo Yan Hsin
8th Jan 2020, 09:30
Vietnamese airlines hire foreign flight attendants?
They do. My Korean ex-coworker has joined bamboo last year, Bamboo has quite a few foreign crew members. I'm not sure if they got the cabin manager position or if they can pursue that though. Can anyone share please?

jetjockey696
21st Jan 2020, 15:08
https://vietnamnews.vn/brand-info/524462/bamboo-airways-foreign-leader-recruiting-pilots-not-to-fill-positions-but-to-find-right-people.html

mosenga
1st Feb 2020, 02:48
Well, my dear
the Company has now 22 aircraft in one year...quite difficult to have them all new....
Is mainly own by a private group, that means then “money doesn't fall from the sky” and enter in stock market is an usual procedure to collect investors.
Vietnamese are company employees while expats are employed by agencies... the contract is different.
No roster.... complain to your agent and follow the Vietnamese regulation. As pilot you are responsible to check your limits as well as the company needs to follow them.
Various benefit, same as above... your contract is the master.
All new companies have issues as well as old ones but we should look forward and try to be positive
😘

UnderTheRadarAgain
28th Feb 2020, 08:47
I have just heard a rumor that effective today all pilots pay will be cut by 50% and the 6/2 weeks will be changed to 5/1 week.
Any truth to this?

silhouette
29th Feb 2020, 18:17
I have just heard a rumor that effective today all pilots pay will be cut by 50% and the 6/2 weeks will be changed to 5/1 week.
Any truth to this?

what a survival cut. not sure about BAV but a friend in VNA told me just only flight cut by half, not the pay.

FlexToga
13th Mar 2020, 01:05
Bamboo airways is not paying at the moment to their pilots, they have been waiting for their salaries 4 days and no news...the virus is hitting hard the industry in Asia. And yes, pilots have been told to work 4-1 or 8-2 at the moment for the same salary...

samca
21st Apr 2020, 15:41
How is the situation at Bamboo Airways at the moment. Are they hiring pilots? Some agencies are recruiting for them

Keanuh
22nd Apr 2020, 03:21
You think any company is the world would hire any pilot at this moment?

squarecrow
22nd Apr 2020, 08:11
Alot of those recruiting ads appear to be way out of date as well or
maybe the recruiters are trying to build up a database for future
recruitment. I rang up CAE for a laugh about a position having been
told apply now by email. Answer: oh sorry thats on hold UFN, not surprised.

rilawa
13th Jun 2020, 14:02
Bamboo as other companies was facing a deep crisis after ncov19 period.
The bad management skills of BAV have been demonstrated to most of employers and suppliers including Vietnamese government.
Despite bad financial status the company is still surviving and they keep flying mainly because of employees sacrifice.
Salaries are deeply reduced and most of the employees are still waiting. Pilots are unpaid since February, or better they received last months up to 50% of February basic salary without other amounts earned. Instructors and trainees are unpaid since last year.

The company clearly wants to quit with pilot agencies := since they start to recruit directly JetStar grounded pilots to replace their unpaid personnel :D that is out of the country and banned to fly back to Vietnam.:yuk:

More than that they try to hire people directly from LinkedIn with their internal "talent scouting department":sad: bypassing pilot agents.

In the mean time the BAV pilots are in Vietnam are flying with the dream they will be paid back.

Most of them hope to be smart of colleagues and some of them are flying for free :D.

Bamboo forced the agencies to pay 25% of February salary to people are in Vietnam Only,but those people will be waiting the other salaries earned longer and longer (Captain received 2600 USD, FO around 1700 USD).

In the same time the salary policy is monthly changing and bamboo keep swapping conditions and answering the agencies with different terms most probably just to earn time.

They need cash!.;)
Contractual terms are still vague and changing since most of the agencies try to discuss better conditions but since pilots are flying for free they don't have any reliable contract bargaining power.

That is the REAL situation of this bunch of a.......s despite all the fake news you are reading around.

CKFOWB
15th Jun 2020, 08:34
Hi guys, just finished my CPL training and time building (300hrs)

Was going to apply FO position in South Korea but corona just killed the market.

I am a bit old so i am planning to apply a job in Vietnam (Heard its better then Korea)

Anyone have advice about starting a career in vietnam in thesedays?

i contacted one of the agencies and they told me bamboo air is recruiting new cadets.

Climb150
16th Jun 2020, 02:46

Was going to apply FO position in South Korea but corona just killed the market.

I am a bit old so i am planning to apply a job ini Vietnam (Heard its better then Korea)

i contacted one of the agencies and they told me bamboo air is recruiting new cadets.

So are you Korean or Vietnamese?

CKFOWB
16th Jun 2020, 03:54
South Korean

ni si ni no
16th Jun 2020, 09:48

I am a bit old so i am planning to apply a job in Vietnam (Heard its better then Korea)

Unfortunately you don't have much of a chance! ATM Vietnamese are the ones doing the flying.
I don't want to ruin anyones dream, but don't loose time in VN. You are better off in S Korea I would say

Good luck

hugmie
17th Jun 2020, 11:36
Hi all,
Does anyone know the latest recruitment status for Bamboo? Before I get any smart comments, I am obviously aware of the situation globally.
The only reason I ask is because I applied recently throught their website and recieved an email from requesting documents and application forms etc. etc..

Have things started to move in that part of the world?

Much obliged!

Climb150
17th Jun 2020, 22:27
I would say they are either just collecting CV's or it's an auto reply from the recruiting email address.

Jetstar Vietnam will be fully turned over to VNA so maybe the expats there will be jobless too.

rilawa
29th Jun 2020, 21:38
Bamboo hired 20 pilots from Jetstar and VietJet promising career and salaries.
But BAV pilots are unpaid since February and they are running out of cash...despite the crew situation "The Big Family" is planning a further salary reduction of 30% retractive at 1st June 2020.

Good Luck my friends!

BAe 146-100
30th Jun 2020, 18:52
Bamboo airways local staff were seen protesting outside Bamboo HQ due to lack of salary since months.... I heard they have 12000 cvs on file , no shortage of mugs waiting to fly for free!

skywalker777
2nd Jul 2020, 04:35
Dear Bamboozled Friends and Bamboo Management.

As mentioned in our first email, and now that we have almost everbodies email address, we will now include BAV management so they are aware of the actions that we intend to do if they insist in lowering our pay and making our work conditions worse.

It is important to make clear that these actions will NOT affect SAFETY or the company in any permanent way. For now on, BAV will have to communicate there actions towards us before applying changes and we will not just sit and allow ourselves to be screwed over and over again.

We have many ways to affect Bamboo image, and we will begin with social media and internet. This is will affect ticket sales and the recruitment of pilots that are eager to find a job, but do not know what they really are getting into. What stability and certainty will they have if BAV insists in unilaterally changing and not respecting any of there contracts? They will accept what conditions to only have them changed overnight?

The company is not being honest with the pilots that want to return to there jobs in Vietnam; we also want them back, we need them to come, but it is all at their own expense and risk of being cuarentined, without any kind of assurance that once they are here, the conditions are again changed and our salary reduced by another 30%! We know through vietnamese pilots that those are the plans of BAV management. And the Vietnamese pilots salaries were cut 30% without announcements and made retroactive to June 01! The Vietnamese pilots are NOT happy either!

We are also aware that the company is requesting the CAAV for us to fly 110 hours a month. So we will work more for less money?

BAV is hiring new pilots under local law, without brokers, but then the salary will be taxed between 20 to 30%! Again,
More work for less money!

With the intended new pay, many pilots will have to choose to pay the rent or to send their children to school. School in Vietnam is ridiculously expensive and again BAV does not offer any help or support. We cannot send our children to a state school because most speak no Vietnamese at all! Again this is unacceptable. Even the pilots that have there family in there home country will have to face this terrible choices, because they will have to maintain 2 houses, one here and one at home.

And for the new pilots that may think that BAV will promise quick upgrades, be advised that the company wants to charge you money for the upgrade! Several thousand dollars during this time of terrible economic uncertainty? Who is going to have the money for that?. Another chapter, coming back from Ho Chi Minh, a pilot told me the Visas are self funded at an outrageous sum paid to HR directly. The real cost of the visas are 60 US$ per pilot for 3 month multiple entry. The HR cost of those visas were 240 US$ per pilot. The excuse was, we need to pay to the "immigration officer". Thieves. All HR are involved in this.

If we do not receive honest assurances soon that there will be no more cuts and worse work conditions we will take further actions which include, but are not limited to, simply stop flying and ground all flights. We have the support of many Vietnamese pilots that are just as disappointed as the expats are.

We are available to HELP Bamboo, but NOT at the cost of our families, our safety, our fisical and mental health! The current conditions of the market does not mean that our help is to just sit and be screwed indefinitely, specially when many of these problems were from before COVID-19, like the 2 Airbus A330 that were painted and prepared, pilots were hired and paid while waiting then the dream A350 came into the offer only to be discarded at the very last moment forcing them to accept the A320 or get fired . That mistake was not free or without a huge cost, loss of Recency , Loss of Money .

BAV has to start improving there communication to us which is terrible. We are always in the dark without news about our lives, our roster, our income, etc., and we will not take this any more.

Fly safe,

The Bamboozled Pilots Initiative

rilawa
5th Jul 2020, 02:44
09 July 2020,
still waiting for FEBRUARY SALARY. They pay us only 50% of basic and another 25% for Pilots are now flying in Vietnam.
NO formal communication between HR and Agencies that are still waiting to sign the last pay-cut policy. HR is waiting for a new 30% cut policy that
as for usual Bamboo Management Policy will be RETROACTIVE.
NO chances to have any answer regarding "Stock Options" sold to employees promising them a buy back option with double price amount.
Pilots are flying unpaid.
The "BIG FAMILY " is waiting to screw us again.
NO chances for Command upgrade (we need pilots and cadets filling managers pocket) that in any case will be charged as usual.

That´s all folks!

rilawa
6th Jul 2020, 11:02
9th July add on

They asked for some us return by our own way as tourist to Cambodia and want us do a quarantine after crossing the border.
No salary since February like above people said.
Very poor poor poor no other words for this.

Some are apparently quarantined on FLC resort, not so bad move folks! :}
Now the main point for all of us is IF the "Big Family" HR wants to deal with Agencies or just avoiding any communication as usual
plus obviously the salaries they owe to all Crews.
They should decide if they want to keep dishing out their reputation in the small aviation world :=
The HR manager is clearly out of aviation business:D

WSrecovery
6th Jul 2020, 11:21
Bamboo airways local staff were seen protesting outside Bamboo HQ due to lack of salary since months.... I heard they have 12000 cvs on file , no shortage of mugs waiting to fly for free!

12000 CVs....Remember Bamboo is usually using fake news: 380 then 330 then 350 then 777X then Embraer
They usually sell dreams as FLC group in the real estate market
They should have victims but I believe that many of them will be ready to leave at the first opportunity

PosClimb
7th Jul 2020, 14:51
How does the Bamboo Cadet Program compare to the Vietjet Cadet Program?

CW247
7th Jul 2020, 15:59
How does green poo compare to brown poo?

WSrecovery
9th Jul 2020, 08:14
Dear Bamboozled Friends and Bamboo Management.

As mentioned in our first email, and now that we have almost everbodies email address, we will now include BAV management so they are aware of the actions that we intend to do if they insist in lowering our pay and making our work conditions worse.

It is important to make clear that these actions will NOT affect SAFETY or the company in any permanent way. For now on, BAV will have to communicate there actions towards us before applying changes and we will not just sit and allow ourselves to be screwed over and over again.

We have many ways to affect Bamboo image, and we will begin with social media and internet. This is will affect ticket sales and the recruitment of pilots that are eager to find a job, but do not know what they really are getting into. What stability and certainty will they have if BAV insists in unilaterally changing and not respecting any of there contracts? They will accept what conditions to only have them changed overnight?

The company is not being honest with the pilots that want to return to there jobs in Vietnam; we also want them back, we need them to come, but it is all at their own expense and risk of being cuarentined, without any kind of assurance that once they are here, the conditions are again changed and our salary reduced by another 30%! We know through vietnamese pilots that those are the plans of BAV management. And the Vietnamese pilots salaries were cut 30% without announcements and made retroactive to June 01! The Vietnamese pilots are NOT happy either!

We are also aware that the company is requesting the CAAV for us to fly 110 hours a month. So we will work more for less money?

BAV is hiring new pilots under local law, without brokers, but then the salary will be taxed between 20 to 30%! Again,
More work for less money!

With the intended new pay, many pilots will have to choose to pay the rent or to send their children to school. School in Vietnam is ridiculously expensive and again BAV does not offer any help or support. We cannot send our children to a state school because most speak no Vietnamese at all! Again this is unacceptable. Even the pilots that have there family in there home country will have to face this terrible choices, because they will have to maintain 2 houses, one here and one at home.

And for the new pilots that may think that BAV will promise quick upgrades, be advised that the company wants to charge you money for the upgrade! Several thousand dollars during this time of terrible economic uncertainty? Who is going to have the money for that?. Another chapter, coming back from Ho Chi Minh, a pilot told me the Visas are self funded at an outrageous sum paid to HR directly. The real cost of the visas are 60 US$ per pilot for 3 month multiple entry. The HR cost of those visas were 240 US$ per pilot. The excuse was, we need to pay to the "immigration officer". Thieves. All HR are involved in this.

If we do not receive honest assurances soon that there will be no more cuts and worse work conditions we will take further actions which include, but are not limited to, simply stop flying and ground all flights. We have the support of many Vietnamese pilots that are just as disappointed as the expats are.

We are available to HELP Bamboo, but NOT at the cost of our families, our safety, our fisical and mental health! The current conditions of the market does not mean that our help is to just sit and be screwed indefinitely, specially when many of these problems were from before COVID-19, like the 2 Airbus A330 that were painted and prepared, pilots were hired and paid while waiting then the dream A350 came into the offer only to be discarded at the very last moment forcing them to accept the A320 or get fired . That mistake was not free or without a huge cost, loss of Recency , Loss of Money .

BAV has to start improving there communication to us which is terrible. We are always in the dark without news about our lives, our roster, our income, etc., and we will not take this any more.

Fly safe,

The Bamboozled Pilots Initiative

A couple o f day ago, employees received a new salary policy from July 01 with "board of directors" decision to CUT salaries around 30-40%.
..the next day, the "evil group" sent agents another RETROACTIVE wage policy from June 1 where, instead of a wage cut only, all the amounts are gross and ten taxable by the Vietnamese government.
Personal income tax and Social Security are then charged into employees' pockets with ANOTHER 20-30% CUT :ugh:
The new contract has previously been varied with only two choices 5/1 and 8/2, with no decent commuting options
Bamboo continues to vary the conditions retroactively making each contract totally unreliable :yuk:
How is it possible to remunerate staff in accordance with their roster...if a roster you never had? :oh:
BamBoom is the only Vietnamese company that has not yet paid its previous salaries and there is no mention of a return plan:=

At least Vietjet and Vietnam Airlines pay regularly and with conditions that are met and not with bogus contracts that are then regularly disillusioned.
The competitors, in addition to the pay cut, did not touch the system of shifts for commuters and the conditions applied equally to all staff.

Bamboom is evidently applying a well-known fishing technique, paying employees with part of the back wages and then
psychologically forcing them to work hoping to receive what is promised by plans and contracts that will never be met.

Where are you, my dear pilots? Do you like to be tricked hard or make a deal in a :mad: that has been digging your grave since long time?

and what about the keyboard warriors who plan unforgettable actions on social networks... are you already dead? :ok:

BAMBOOZLED is the perfect nickname for you....:uhoh:

and a final addition to the cadets who pay 87,000 dollars in the pocket of the FLC Group.
You're really brave, even if you're reckless.
My best wishes, even if the quality of the training you will receive will be really low :bored:

WSrecovery
9th Jul 2020, 08:22
How does green poo compare to brown poo?
I guess the brown poo is the bamboozled one or you like the way they stole your money?

rilawa
13th Jul 2020, 08:37
Dear Agents,

In the beginning of the year, COVID-19 took the world by surprise, hitting the airline industry hard, grounding most of commercial operations worldwide. We all understand the severity of those events and its impact on the working conditions in the past months and all of us have pitched in and continue doing so as the company and agencies asked us to do, through our families and personal lives have increasingly been affected by this sacrifice, to a point it’s be come unbearable.

When it all began and the bigger airlines started to ground operations, the contract was abruptly modified with temporary measures to seize the opportunity to gain new slots and GROW in this crisis. We weren’t happy but never the less we understood the situation and accepted the terms as temporary according to what the agency was informing.
Then the crisis deepened and BAMBOO had no choice but to stop operations, even missing payment of salary already owed, which as of today we are all still awaiting to collect.

As you well know Bamboo has resumed operations for a couple of months now, practically all of their aircraft are flying again and projections are positive for the near future, we can not say the same for its competitors (Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet and Jetstar-Pacific) who still have many aircraft grounded. Just to give some rough estimates, VNA has a fleet size approximately of 102 aircraft and 64 destinations (28 of which are heavy aircraft and many international destinations), Vietjet has approximately a fleet of 75 aircraft and 46 destinations (many of them international), BAMBOO has around fleet of 25 aircraft and around 20 something destinations, the majority of which are domestic flights, hiring new pilots and an ongoing expansion plan, so the reality is different of the story we are being sold, no matter how many surveys are done there is no point in comparing the contractual situation between companies, as they are very different.

During the past week Pilots have been told about Bamboo terms changing yet again, with no reasoning on why, as COVID is no more a valid point. In addition to this insult, the terms keep changing RETROACTIVELY, showing absolutely no respect for contracts signed.

Even then, they are all imaginary numbers, we are flying for free. No payment has been received, not even a date and sum of what it will be.

The absurdity and total lack of respect to our families and ourselves as professional airline pilots and as human beings is appalling, we came to Vietnam to build our life here while helping a newly formed airline make a mark in the industry through our expertise, compromise and professionalism, we’ve made sacrifices and demonstrated our willingness to help, getting nothing in return.

Sadly, also the agents have worked only as a poor bridge of communication, bringing no support nor representation, they have shined by its absence, in opposition to what was sold to us as if we were almost a family.What we have been observing now is that they are acting palely, washing their hands to continuous breaks on contracts and choosing to act merely as observers of the chaos, refusing to acknowledge the need to further act on our behalf. The continuous change of terms and zero efficient communication has made them totally unclear, no one knows what they are. The lack of payment and transparency plus the way the information has been transmitted to us has made our day exhausting and unbearable, we urgently need concrete answers, and we come together here to demand:

a clear payroll with the total amount of the debt owed to each pilot, including the percentage left in February and full debt of March, May and June, including a payment plan for that debt, with dates and amounts
to address that no “temporary base assignments” will be accepted until the policy is made clear and contracts respected, as well as salary payment accomplished
to revert payment policies back to the addendum we signed (dated 18June,2020) with no further reductions plus a real compromise for them to be temporary with a fix date for its review.
to provide a new payment scheme with NET figures to be paid monthly, no confusing formulas and deductions. Just to be clear, we will not accept the tax and social insurance contribution proposal.

You are all experienced people in the Aviation Industry and it’s needless to say that with all that’s been going on, despite our best efforts to maintain the high safety levels of our operations, it is undeniable that such irresponsible attitudes are pushing the safety limits beyond its acceptable boundaries, as crews are flying incredibly stressed with the increasing pressure of a never changing undefined situation together with the lack of proper payment. This can be observed by the great increase in safety related events in the past month, with great attention to the large number of events just internally published by the Bamboo’s Safety Department. The liability of an imminent safety related occurrence of great proportions lies on the hands of such irresponsible actions of all of you, including the Agencies.

For the safety of everyone involved, Company, Vietnamese Aviation Market, our dear passengers and our beloved families, we see no alternative rather than go on unpaid leave in the near future should these four basic demands not be observed. Being grateful to have a job is in no conflict with looking for what's objectively fair. We think all parts could compromise with better terms, improving in honesty and transparency.

As always, we extend to you our commitment to continue working on this project and hope Agencies and Bamboo can see eye to eye in this delicate matter.

j.nips
14th Jul 2020, 08:54
I imagine that it's no different over at VJ either.

Nguyen69
15th Jul 2020, 09:32
I imagine that it's no different over at VJ either.

:= certainly different, VJ pays its staff monthly and does not change policies retroactively every month.:}
It is not just a matter of money but mainly of respect for its employees that is totally lacking in BAV since the beginning of its operations.
BAV's managers are well-known smoke sellers short of money because of their well-known attitude :mad:

some agencies have paid off part of the February debts but the rest is still a dream. I just hope Bamboo's adventure doesn't end sooner than expected. The Vietnamese market is recovering rapidly and flights are on average full.
Will the behaviour of these characters ever change?

rilawa
15th Jul 2020, 09:42
NO VJ is paying on time employees

Nguyen69
15th Jul 2020, 09:59
As far as I understood my friends told me that they have received salary on time by BAV. So avoid any fake comment on that Company.
You are probably out of any aviation job just complaining to a real aviation business

BAe 146-100
15th Jul 2020, 12:13
Vietjet vna and jetstar are paying but peanuts, you could make the same working in Burger king now, its a long way back to normal salaries.

Sheep01
15th Jul 2020, 22:17
Vietjet vna and jetstar are paying but peanuts, you could make the same working in Burger king now, its a long way back to normal salaries.

Yes, but better to be flying and still employed for when things do improve!

BAe 146-100
18th Jul 2020, 11:22
We are talking about expats not locals. Who cares about the locals. Along as we get Pinoys get paid.

of course Sir Neil eLIEzer , still living off cadet money?

BAe 146-100
18th Jul 2020, 14:24
Proverbs 20:17

Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be full of gravel.

practice what you preach eLIEzer

squarecrow
18th Jul 2020, 15:13
Might not have much effect as his mouth maybe full of something already,
:}

Cool banana
19th Jul 2020, 06:12
of course Sir Neil eLIEzer , still living off cadet money?

30 percent cut from all Cadets, Captain upgrades,Training Captains TRI/TRE and Filipino new hires, lovely scam.

Watch your back Neil, what comes around goes around.

Remember your wife's a US citizen and your a green card holder,just take it easy on your next trip stateside the FBI don't take kind to money laundering!!

WSrecovery
26th Jul 2020, 04:20
the "Big Family" is pressing to sign a new salary policy retroactive while in the same time
by mail is calling pilots to fly during days off cutting the all numbers stated by another 30%:eek:
Total cut is 70% now from the initial amount.:mad:
The question is pointless since BAV is still not paying expats but only vietnamese pilots that are the only needed now to keep operations going and avoid delays.
Those scammers are well known since "FLC group" is using the same system since the beginning with employees.
BAV is clearly a money-laundry company created by the main group to enter with the new and clear brand in the stock market and fish new investors for another dream-business
People there is flying for free without realize that continuing on that way are clearly dead.....as well as the agencies that are avoiding any legal action for the unpaid wages
since the only option to recover their commission is clearly press pilots to sign the BAV temporary policies instead of support them.

rilawa
26th Jul 2020, 04:34
Yes, but better to be flying and still employed for when things do improve!

Sheep is the perfect resume for your CV my dear:D
You should be proud to be part of the new aviation world :zzz:
Better to work for Burger King or one of that serious companies
Dreamers like you maked my mind clear now, I should thank you

twlee0731
27th Jul 2020, 14:41
hey guys
i applied to cadet a320 and received negative cmmt from bamboo few days later saying i am not meeting a requirement (quoted as below)

==========quoted===========
However, we regret to inform you that you are not successful this time due to the suitability and requirements of the job. Please be assured that your profile is well saved in our database for the future opening which might be suitable for your experiences.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Bamboo Airways and we would like to wish you all the best in your career.
=============================

has anyone received same cmmt then later received chance for online test and interview?

Fabio70
1st Aug 2020, 16:08
The issue of bamboo its money laundry company to buy airplanes and sell them outside vietnam so the money can get out the worst agency is brookfield they are a liers specially the bigest thieve is. Paul ossario he is a lier bigest thieve playing under the table game

rilawa
3rd Aug 2020, 15:11
Lucky guy! you didn´t waste money.
They just need cash since their business plan bow up as they were not able to enter the stock market (usual procedure for FLC Group guy).
Pilots are still waiting March salary... flying in overtime in July....brave employees
What will be te next step for "The Big Family"?

WSrecovery
3rd Aug 2020, 15:34
The issue of bamboo its money laundry company to buy airplanes and sell them outside vietnam so the money can get out the worst agency is Brookfield they are a liars specially the biggest thieve is. Paul ossario he THE biggest thieve playing under the table game

Planes are all leased, the company is just a dream. Lessors are still waiting November fees ready to pick up the aircrafts as soon borders will be opened.

Broders_field is just playing the game...they fixed terms with company as usual behind. No option for pilots....just sign the new temporary salary policy or resign.
Aviation world is dead if the players don't respect their profession anymore

Fabio70
4th Aug 2020, 02:48
The airlines are sinking but having bamboo promising lies will get thing worse

B737Capt
10th Aug 2020, 20:28
oh dear, not good

Marcus555
11th Aug 2020, 02:22
A word of advice
run away from this monkey show..

Fabio70
18th Aug 2020, 15:59
NANDKUMAR IS In the Middle East with AIR ARABIA

BigcityBoiz
18th Aug 2020, 17:01
NANDKUMAR IS HE IN VIETNAM
I heard he got back, they arrange with him a new one then the HR mess with him so he gone off somewhere else

787justawetdream
23rd Aug 2020, 05:05
When Capt Nandu was in Tiger / Scoot, he was a 1000% stand up gentleman, top drawer Manager and Instructor on the 320 fleet. His people and managerial skills are still sorely missed from frequent conversations on the line.
I've only met the guy twice and a charming bloke no less

ia1166
23rd Aug 2020, 08:20
Nandu? Is that you?

WSrecovery
25th Aug 2020, 09:40
New salary policy is on the way with 50% further cut on generic "salary".... but the last policy is a soup with 300 items, phone calls, uniform, and so on...:mad:
Which of them is going to be catted is still a mystery :D
In the main time " The Big Family" is still processing May salary for expats and no news for expats pilots they kicked home on March in unpaid leave....they still wait for February salary....:=
Viet guys are on their own way...hopefully payed :hmm:

No Cash - No News

Marcus555
26th Aug 2020, 02:02
Next is u fly u get paid , you don’t fly you get a big 0

Jimmy The Big Greek
27th Aug 2020, 00:08
New salary policy is on the way with 50% further cut on generic "salary".... but the last policy is a soup with 300 items, phone calls, uniform, and so on...:mad:
Which of them is going to be catted is still a mystery :D
In the main time " The Big Family" is still processing May salary for expats and no news for expats pilots they kicked home on March in unpaid leave....they still wait for February salary....:=
Viet guys are on their own way...hopefully payed :hmm:

No Cash - No News

So how much is the salary at Bamboo after the cut? Is it as bad as in VNA?

ia1166
27th Aug 2020, 06:44
So how much is the salary at Bamboo after the cut? Is it as bad as in VNA?

You don’t have to accept the conditions. No one is forcing you. If you don’t get paid you should consider going home.

Jimmy The Big Greek
27th Aug 2020, 07:38
ia1166, That is exactly what I did. I am no more at VNA. Whats the point of being loyal to VNA when they treat us like expendable tampons.

I used to be very proud working for the national airline of Vietnam but the Coronavirus really showed me their true faces.

ia1166
27th Aug 2020, 09:34
ia1166, That is exactly what I did. I am no more at VNA. Whats the point of being loyal to VNA when they treat us like expendable tampons.

I used to be very proud working for the national airline of Vietnam but the Coronavirus really showed me their true faces.

the true face is the airline industry has been cremated. Massive financial losses.

You can either work at a reduced salary and help the airline back on its feet for your own future prospects, or you can go home and drive a taxi.

Vn has continued to pay the agreed reduced salary. It has also stated salaries will improve. The time scale for this is dependant on covid.

You make your own choices. I am going back and will see how it develops, but VN has always paid what they said they would. Time will tell where it goes, but I have no reason to not believe them.

balboa1968
27th Aug 2020, 13:52
the true face is the airline industry has been cremated. Massive financial losses.

You can either work at a reduced salary and help the airline back on its feet for your own future prospects, or you can go home and drive a taxi.

Vn has continued to pay the agreed reduced salary. It has also stated salaries will improve. The time scale for this is dependant on covid.

You make your own choices. I am going back and will see how it develops, but VN has always paid what they said they would. Time will tell where it goes, but I have no reason to not believe them.

Good luck on believing these liars.

ia1166
28th Aug 2020, 02:00
Good luck on believing these liars.

They haven’t lied to me in 16 years. They have always paid on time and correctly. Always honoured the contract up to this point.

Anything after Covid is done to try to survive and I am hoping they do so. Whatever they have to do. As far as I am aware they are paying the reduced salary ok, and everyone in Vietnam was given the option of taking it or not. Those who don’t were told that it won’t affect them in the future. Sounds fair to me.

I’ve been home for 6 months now, am not owed any back salary for March, and will be returning soonest. Had a great 6 months off with my Family.

Kindly elaborate when VN have cheated or lied to you.

Otherwise you’re fake news old boy.

Contract pilot... you’re only as good as your last paycheck, and always have a years salary on hand.

As I say.. WHEN HAVE THEY LIED TO YOU?

balboa1968
28th Aug 2020, 18:29
I was supposed to do a 5 years contract , which was finished about 3 years in 2017 ( A330 fleet ).

The viet is a liar by nature, never forgot it.

BAe 146-100
28th Aug 2020, 20:48
Yeah your credibility is instantly lost when you say things such as the viets never lie... just LOL... thanks for providing us with a good joke though.

ia1166
28th Aug 2020, 20:56
I was supposed to do a 5 years contract , which was finished about 3 years in 2017 ( A330 fleet ).

The viet is a liar by nature, never forgot it.

The a330s were finished when the 350 arrived. Plenty of option to convert to the 350. If you didn’t take them up on it then you wouldn’t have had a job.

5 year contract with termination option for both parties if you ever read it properly. I am sure you were treated in accordance with your contract.

Or are you suggesting you should have been paid for 2 years with no plane to fly????

Watching the wind down of the 330 was like watching paint dry. You had plenty of warning.

To be honest you are accusing them of lying, when in fact you were treated as per your contract that you signed as having read and understood. If you didn’t take up the A350 offer, or failed the course, then you would have been given 2 months termination.

If this is your grounds for an accusation of lying, its a joke.

ia1166
28th Aug 2020, 20:59
Yeah your credibility is instantly lost when you say things such as the viets never lie... just LOL... thanks for providing us with a good joke though.

I never said Viets don’t lie. And thats a bit racist anyway because everyone lies. Just look around your own country pal.

What I said was VN has never lied to me. The contract has been followed, salary correct and on time. Always.

You guys are being a bit high and mighty for contract pilots.

Captain Kaboom
29th Aug 2020, 08:07
As a VNA pilot an "offer" to progress from a 321 to a 350 (or 330 to 350) means you have to pay for your own typerating and bribe the examiner.
About $70.000 alltogether I believe.
Hardly an offer I'd say...

balboa1968
30th Aug 2020, 10:47
The a330s were finished when the 350 arrived. Plenty of option to convert to the 350. If you didn’t take them up on it then you wouldn’t have had a job.

5 year contract with termination option for both parties if you ever read it properly. I am sure you were treated in accordance with your contract.

Or are you suggesting you should have been paid for 2 years with no plane to fly????

Watching the wind down of the 330 was like watching paint dry. You had plenty of warning.

To be honest you are accusing them of lying, when in fact you were treated as per your contract that you signed as having read and understood. If you didn’t take up the A350 offer, or failed the course, then you would have been given 2 months termination.

If this is your grounds for an accusation of lying, its a joke.

They lie to me right at the interview, about my futur in VNA.

balboa1968
30th Aug 2020, 10:47
As a VNA pilot an "offer" to progress from a 321 to a 350 (or 330 to 350) means you have to pay for your own typerating and bribe the examiner.
About $70.000 alltogether I believe.
Hardly an offer I'd say...

Even If you had the A350 on your licence.

Luke SkyToddler
1st Sep 2020, 01:48
ia1166 mate, with the greatest of respect, you weren't part of the A330 debacle, and I feel like you're trying to defend the indefensible a little bit here

Some of us were senior FOs on A330 for close to a decade, while guys on A321 were typically going right to left within 3 or 4 years.

Most of us turned down job offers at other companies over the years, because we were consistently given the message by management pilots that we would be up for command soon, just wait a little bit more, etc etc. Naive or not, some of us made career decisions on the basis of that.

So when the A350 came, that rug was pulled from under us overnight, and we now got told no commands were available, and we had the choice of being terminated, or paying huge sums of money to keep our job on something that should be a common type rating with A330 anyway. AND we had to commit to another 5 years minimum in the right seat, and get kicked to the back of the command queue https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies2/eusa_wall.gif

And they gave us the phone call on christmas eve, I know it's a small thing and shouldn't matter but that really p!ssed me off, my wife was in tears all christmas day

They actually seemed to be very surprised when most of us chose resignation. Wizzair came to town and was doing walk in interviews in HCM and Hanoi with the offer of instant commands, QR also did a road show, JPA offered us all interviews etc. By the time they realized their bluff had backfired and they gave command courses to the last 2 guys, everyone else had walked out the door. Everyone knew they needed 321 skips, it was a ridiculous situation.

Yes I know it's the contract world, and it's dog eat dog, and harden up, and expect nothing other than what's written in my contract etc etc. It's easy to say when you're already a very senior captain and you're in a secure position, and you don't have young kids and a family to feed, and you don't have to choose between getting financially wiped out through unemployment, or getting financially wiped out by accepting such a bad deal. I don't blame Balboa or anyone else for feeling angry about that situation. It certainly wasn't sold to us like that by the agencies when we joined.

Having said all that, it's totally racist and unacceptable to say things against "all Viets". The whole thing was essentially the scheme of one guy, and I am very grateful to the local management pilots who reportedly stood up for us in the board meeting and saved some of our jobs in the end.

I like living in VN, I like the people, I like a lot of things about the airline and the operation, I want to finish my career here. All I wanted at that time was what everyone on other fleets was getting, reasonable time to command and no constantly moving goalposts

bringbackthe80s
1st Sep 2020, 05:30
ia1166 mate, with the greatest of respect, you weren't part of the A330 debacle, and I feel like you're trying to defend the indefensible a little bit here

Some of us were senior FOs on A330 for close to a decade, while guys on A321 were typically going right to left within 3 or 4 years.

Most of us turned down job offers at other companies over the years, because we were consistently given the message by management pilots that we would be up for command soon, just wait a little bit more, etc etc. Naive or not, some of us made career decisions on the basis of that.

So when the A350 came, that rug was pulled from under us overnight, and we now got told no commands were available, and we had the choice of being terminated, or paying huge sums of money to keep our job on something that should be a common type rating with A330 anyway. AND we had to commit to another 5 years minimum in the right seat, and get kicked to the back of the command queue https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies2/eusa_wall.gif

And they gave us the phone call on christmas eve, I know it's a small thing and shouldn't matter but that really p!ssed me off, my wife was in tears all christmas day

They actually seemed to be very surprised when most of us chose resignation. Wizzair came to town and was doing walk in interviews in HCM and Hanoi with the offer of instant commands, QR also did a road show, JPA offered us all interviews etc. By the time they realized their bluff had backfired and they gave command courses to the last 2 guys, everyone else had walked out the door. Everyone knew they needed 321 skips, it was a ridiculous situation.

Yes I know it's the contract world, and it's dog eat dog, and harden up, and expect nothing other than what's written in my contract etc etc. It's easy to say when you're already a very senior captain and you're in a secure position, and you don't have young kids and a family to feed, and you don't have to choose between getting financially wiped out through unemployment, or getting financially wiped out by accepting such a bad deal. I don't blame Balboa or anyone else for feeling angry about that situation. It certainly wasn't sold to us like that by the agencies when we joined.

Having said all that, it's totally racist and unacceptable to say things against "all Viets". The whole thing was essentially the scheme of one guy, and I am very grateful to the local management pilots who reportedly stood up for us in the board meeting and saved some of our jobs in the end.

I like living in VN, I like the people, I like a lot of things about the airline and the operation, I want to finish my career here. All I wanted at that time was what everyone on other fleets was getting, reasonable time to command and no constantly moving goalposts

Excellent post, but how is this Bamboo?

ia1166
1st Sep 2020, 21:02

As I said, VN has always treated me well, followed the contract and never lied to me. All you guys are bashing them unfairly in my opinion.

as I recall you were offered command on the A320 numerous times but turned it down. If not maybe you should have been pushing for it. Life was very easy on the A330 as an FO. You were also offered RHS A350 numerous times but kept turning it down I heard. Maybe I am wrong.

So you ran out the A330 to the end and then got sacked. After some negotiating you secured a Command on the 320, which you paid for.

And you say you called their bluff? Mate if you had taken command as soon as possible you could be on the A350 LHS now?

In any event job security should be any contract pilots number one priority.

Paying for it is the contract world. I haven’t paid for anything but if I needed to to make my job more secure I would have to.

Staying RHS in a cushy long haul seat and refusing to move to short haul command works fine in Qanats on ANZ os BA, but as a contract pilot it doesn’t work so well to be on a dying fleet. Or to stay RHS too long.

Mate i would love to go to the 787 or at a push the 350. I’ve been on contracts since 2000. The most secure job is LHS A320. If its offered, take it a soon as you can. And then get into training if you can. Not wanting to pay won’t get you anywhere. The next guy on the list will take it instead.

As I said before. You need to read the contract carefully and keep aware of what is happening around you.

You work for a contract company.

ia1166
1st Sep 2020, 22:13
And lets face facts.

The rug that was pulled out from underneath you took 2 years.

Hardly a surprise.

balboa1968
2nd Sep 2020, 21:37
And lets face facts.

The rug that was pulled out from underneath you took 2 years.

Hardly a surprise.
Blablabla blablabla .

lee_apromise
24th Sep 2020, 06:47
Bamboo website says hiring Ejet drivers. But I thought their Ejets were wet leased from Great Dane. What's the story here?

rjag
29th Sep 2020, 22:55
Anyone has information on Bamboo Airways interview questions and the process as a whole?

twlee0731
5th Oct 2020, 21:24
Hi all,
Does anyone know the latest recruitment status for Bamboo? Before I get any smart comments, I am obviously aware of the situation globally.
The only reason I ask is because I applied recently throught their website and recieved an email from requesting documents and application forms etc. etc..

Have things started to move in that part of the world?

Much obliged!

hi, may i ask what's your qualification? I am a CPL pilot w/ 300+ GA flight hours and A320 T/R, but received negative feedback by mail from BAMBOO

fatbus
6th Oct 2020, 16:33
Mate , no offence, but there is 1000s of pilots with full ATPL + 1000s hours Airbus made redundant in the last 6 months giving bamboo unlimited supply of very qualified pilots.

pfvspnf
7th Oct 2020, 05:17
hi, may i ask what's your qualification? I am a CPL pilot w/ 300+ GA flight hours and A320 T/R, but received negative feedback by mail from BAMBOO

you should come to my country , many opportunities here.everyone is welcome !

lee_apromise
7th Oct 2020, 08:02
you should come to my country , many opportunities here.everyone is welcome !

Making fun of a desperate guy, jeez, how classy.

A321drvr
9th Oct 2020, 14:40
Rumor has it that LOT Polish Airlines is supporting Bamboo's ops with at least a 787 or Embraer, also crewed by LOT later this winter schedule.

bitemyhardly
12th Oct 2020, 09:36
A LOT of unpaid customers as usual bamboo behaviour, good luck guys

bitemyhardly
16th Oct 2020, 20:40
Dear all Pilots, after cutting your salary 50%, changing commuting roster to 8/2 or and paying salary 3 months later with an undefined amount monthly changing.....

FCD would like to inform about the new procedure for the pilot willing to come back Vietnam :E by their own booking commercial flight
and the policy on Entry of Bamboo Airways’ foreign employees in Vietnam as follows (this policy will be applied retroactively from the previous desperate group )
1. The Fees for entry procedures
Any foreigners who come to Bamboo Airways to work shall pay 100% fee for the visa at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the border checkpoint,
and fee to lobby for the Immigration Department,
also they must pay any fee required by immigration department.

2. Flight ticket fee
For routes that BAV operates the employee will pay 100% for the fee to moving to BAV’s pick-up point and initiatively find suitable flights.
For routes that other Airline Company operates, Employees pay 100% for the transportations fee to Vietnam’s border checkpoint.
Employee actively find a suitable flight according to the entry documents. (the immigration letter shows port of entry).

3. Fee for quarantine as regulated
- Test cost: BAV pays according to the regulations of the state and place of residence.
- Per diem and meal cost: BAV pay 30% for the per diem and meal cost but shall not exceed VND700,000/person/day during quarantine according to Contract between BAV and accommodation establishments.
The rest of 70% per diem and meal cost: BAV will advance pay for the hotel; these expenses will be deducted monthly from the employees’ salary after being qualified to the assigned position.
The monthly deduction shall not exceed 30% of the employees’ monthly salary and will be deducted continuously each month until 70% of the advance payment exhaust.
- Accommodation: The employees can choose single/ couple room.
Employees shall pay other living expenses

4. Working commitment
Employees who signed Labor Contract or Service Contract guarantee to work for the Airlines at least 06 months from the date of being qualified to the assigned position. (Working time does not include: unpaid leave, sick leave with total time incurred 15 days onwards or 15 consecutive days).
Number of committed months is based on the current training regulation.
In case of resignation before the working commitment, the employee will refund total expenses that the company has supported up to the time of resignation.
In case of unfulfilled training courses, the employees will refund all cost prepaid by BAV.
*** Hereby is the cost of quarantine activities for your reference:
RE ENTRY VISA 175 USD
HOTEL 1450 USD
PICK UP FROM AIRPORT 50 USD
TOTAL 1675 USD

bitemyhardly
21st Oct 2020, 06:37
and they will ask you money in advance to "organize" your tour in Vietnam, at list the 4kk VND for the government authorization...
that is the cost of our lives for the Big Family
it sounds like the usual expansion plan is fake, they don't need pilots but just puppets at zero cost to feed the company future gaps

XCorDIE
21st Oct 2020, 06:49
and you really believe that they will detract you 30% :8

XCorDIE
21st Oct 2020, 06:53
This is the last break of the original contract they plan? Policies are changing quickly in BAV

Juanki
1st Nov 2020, 11:18
Anyone did an interview recently for B787 fleet? Any outcome of it? More than 2 weeks and I havent heard back from them. Any idea about the job conditions?

SVC1972
2nd Nov 2020, 08:39
Same here but have seen if you join 3 1/2 months without salary. Only start receiving salary once start line training and then it is reduced salary

Lucifer786
2nd Nov 2020, 23:42
Juanki. May I ask when did you apply. And was this for a Captain position?
Also, was this via the website

Lucifer786
3rd Nov 2020, 07:28
I had sent in the application form about a week ago for Captain position. No reply yet. 🤔🤔🤔
Wondering why.
Could it be they are sorting the FO applications first …

Icarus2001
3rd Nov 2020, 09:07
I see Bamboo are still advertising for crew.

Is it really that bad? Are they flying much at present?

Lucifer786
3rd Nov 2020, 12:29
I have a feeling they are buffering up their pilot requirement for their immediate future while the pilots are still cheaper and more available than normal.
Once flying resumes as it was pre covid, most full fare airlines will pay top dollar for experienced pilots. That would then be unaffordable for low cost carriers.
Thus the recruitment drive now.
My 2 cents

fatbus
4th Nov 2020, 02:44
Great sarcasm!

FoxAlfa21
4th Nov 2020, 04:17
I see Bamboo are still advertising for crew.

Is it really that bad? Are they flying much at present?

According to a friend flying there, yes it is bad, company is crap, training is crap and salary delayed and not according to his contract, he is getting 2,000usd instead of 8000+ , but nowhere to go and at least they are still flying so,,,,,

bringbackthe80s
4th Nov 2020, 04:32
I have a feeling they are buffering up their pilot requirement for their immediate future while the pilots are still cheaper and more available than normal.
Once flying resumes as it was pre covid, most full fare airlines will pay top dollar for experienced pilots. That would then be unaffordable for low cost carriers.
Thus the recruitment drive now.
My 2 cents

Ahahahah sure.

Also, in case someone hasn’t noticed, full fare airlines as you call them are good for 2 things: businessmen and long haul. You see where I’m going here?

SVC1972
8th Nov 2020, 07:56
I believe Lucifer could be correct. No salary for 3 1/2 months reduced pay and bonded for 3 years. I believe once in you are stuck there for the 3 years

Lucifer786
8th Nov 2020, 12:41
I believe Lucifer could be correct. No salary for 3 1/2 months reduced pay and bonded for 3 years. I believe once in you are stuck there for the 3 years

Yes sir.
They would have you by the short n curlies until end of your written contract ( whatever that might be …)

Lucifer786
24th Nov 2020, 04:24
Wondering if anyone has done an interview or evaluation with bamboo lately. They seem to have collected lots of data but nothing after that. Or is it just me.

SVC1972
24th Nov 2020, 08:01
Communication is not one of their strengths, so I can imagine decision making is lacking as well

hafiz86
24th Nov 2020, 08:24
i have applied through fci . on their website its still just collecting cv, no active recruitment yet.
i also tried applying direct to bamboo but only auto acknowledgement .

GSBR
25th Nov 2020, 07:51
I'm actually doing the interview with them, Technical Questionnaire and (still to be done) a Skype Interview.

bitemyhardly
11th Dec 2020, 17:56
Bamboo Family is well know for

LATE Salary....at last 2 month and unknow amount since policy is monthly changing
NO roster, is daily changing and for few days only
NO commuting, only chance to leave is UNPAID and waiting salaries until you come back
YOU have to pay for quarantine, transport, paperwork, license, health insurance, housing,
Crap Training, on ground and in flight with unprepared young instructors, few of them are reliable
NO support from HR department, lack of management and business plan changing day by day
Cadets are mainly from VINGROUP, pay to fly as usual practice in aviation now, trained by new instructors.
I deeply suggest you to check written condition only in a formal contract before coming in Vietnam at YOUR OWN EXPENSES

DO NOT FALL IN THIS TRAP; THEY ARE LIARS AND THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE BEHAVIOUR

BAMBOO MOTTO IS " MAYBE", you will NEVER forget that

N E V E R !!!!

bitemyhardly
11th Dec 2020, 18:04
NO, more.... you will pay ALL costs and good luck!

cjpilot350
12th Dec 2020, 13:54
Hi There Rjag! I've just been contacted by Bamboo recruitment and sent the link for the online test, applied in October 20. Does anyone have any gen on this online test and the skype interview? Many thanks!

bitemyhardly
28th Dec 2020, 03:47
Usual behavior,

SALARY payed 2 months late for EXPATS while Vietnamese in 2 blocks but monthly
NO REFERENCE LETTER when you leave, they will ask you copy of your passport exit stamp... UNBELIAVABLE SCAMMERS !
NO ROSTER, daily changing and without minimum OFF days
18,000 USD BRIBE for COMMAND UPGRADE, payable in to tranches in black to DFO (you still believe them??? we are still waiting the STOCKS we payed last year!)
NO COMMUTING, only 5/1 available and new salary in VND in GROSS (They will be paying our taxes... MAYBE)
MONTHLY salary policy changes with several deduction of ASPECTED salary including PRECEIDING MONTHS (post COVID -30%)

THOSE ARE 5 STARS LIARS ONLY

Ridinghigh
29th Dec 2020, 11:45
Same here, if you have any info. keep me posted!

Lucifer786
29th Dec 2020, 13:43
Hi There Rjag! I've just been contacted by Bamboo recruitment and sent the link for the online test, applied in October 20. Does anyone have any gen on this online test and the skype interview? Many thanks!

For what fleet and position were you contacted brother

BAe 146-100
29th Dec 2020, 18:15
Usual behavior,

SALARY payed 2 months late for EXPATS while Vietnamese in 2 blocks but monthly
NO REFERENCE LETTER when you leave, they will ask you copy of your passport exit stamp... UNBELIAVABLE SCAMMERS !
NO ROSTER, daily changing and without minimum OFF days
18,000 USD BRIBE for COMMAND UPGRADE, payable in to tranches in black to DFO (you still believe them??? we are still waiting the STOCKS we payed last year!)
NO COMMUTING, only 5/1 available and new salary in VND in GROSS (They will be paying our taxes... MAYBE)
MONTHLY salary policy changes with several deduction of ASPECTED salary including PRECEIDING MONTHS (post COVID -30%)

THOSE ARE 5 STARS LIARS ONLY

so go home and be jobless then, whats your alternative, delta a350 capt? Give me a break save the complaints for another time

squarecrow
1st Jan 2021, 10:31
MB135 Type Rating Instructor Vietstar Airlines Vietnam :}
Share: https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/images/share_mail.png (https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/15786.html#) https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/images/share_facebook.png (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latestpilotjobs.com%2Fjobs%2Fv iew%2Fid%2F15786.html) https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/images/share_twitter.png (http://twitter.com/home/?status=EMB135+Type+Rating+Instructor+Vietstar+Airlines+Viet nam+%40latestpilotjobs.com+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latestpilotjobs. com%2Fjobs%2Fview%2Fid%2F15786) https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/images/share_linkedin.png (http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latestpilotjobs.com%2Fjobs%2Fview%2Fid% 2F15786&title=+EMB135+Type+Rating+Instructor+Vietstar+Airlines+Vietn am)Company : Vietstar Airlines

Contract type : Full Time

Aircraft type : Embraer ERJ-135/Legacy/145

Job location : Viet Nam

Job published date : 2020-12-30

Job expiry date : 2021-01-14

Monthly salary :

https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/files/company-logo/1609317867FM9VFOLL.jpgJob Description

bitemyhardly
4th Jan 2021, 05:26
Several pilots have the work permit and resident card expiring by the end of June.
Bamboo HR is playing badly as usual postponing paperwork at last minute.
They keep fighting with Agents since they don't want to pay them any commission to quit contracts in advance.
According to the contract, they can not hire directly any pilot contracted by agencies for one year or Bamboo has to pay The Agent.
Bamboo proposed them to CHARGE COSTS TO THE PILOT and in the same time plans to force employees to sign a direct contract before te natural agency contract end to show Agencies that is the Pilot that want to quit not Bamboo as to avoid any commission.
They don't care at all about employees, families, lives...just about their own profit.
They keep paying salaries time to time according to monthly policies for Expats with huge delays and without any chance to check the correct amount.
They continue to change policies backwards without any respect for contractual terms and work condition.
They don't care about flight safety, all employees are slaves working for free.
Those are the bigger liars worldwide, 5 STAR LIARS

bitemyhardly
4th Jan 2021, 05:39
Is not a question of money my friend, is a question of behaviour.
We are flying normally, flights full, every day.
They don't pay us
Visas expiring, residence expiring, no roster, no commuting, no life insurance, no medical insurance, policies changing every month retroactively.
They don't have the MINIMUM respect for us and our families.

If you like to be screwed deeply I suggest you to join those A.....s! and be prepared to pay....

oshn
1st Mar 2021, 02:21
What's the latest on Bamboo Airways? Are things improving? I've been contacted for a Skype Interview for the Embraer fleet, but the reviews here are less than reassuring. Thanks

polax52
1st Mar 2021, 05:24
What's the latest on Bamboo Airways? Are things improving? I've been contacted for a Skype Interview for the Embraer fleet, but the reviews here are less than reassuring. Thanks

You know the reality. There are too many Pilots in the World. Employers will always have the upper hand. When you choose to become an expat, you choose to give up the rights and protection that you'd expect at home. Many find that the only tool they have is to abuse their employer on PPrune. Look at Emirates, Qatar, Cathay etc. Yet it's the same people year after year in the same company with the same stories.

If you want to go expat then do it. Don't come back here complaining in 6 months time.

You have the basic info from this thread that you need. Late salaries, No commuting, you pay for your upgrade. If that's alright with you then go for it.

Count von Altibar
1st Mar 2021, 13:36
I think polax52 has summed it up succinctly, wise words indeed.

THT
2nd Mar 2021, 00:27
I understand that the company takes advantage over expats... however, in the current context, it's very difficult to know what is the best...To be unemployed or to keep a foot in the industry at the price of many concessions ? It is really 50-50...

lee_apromise
5th Mar 2021, 22:08
What I got offered for Ejet fleet:

No pay until IOE begins (undefined period for ground training and license conversion).

Terms & Conditions are subject to change due to COVID pandemic (so pay can be drastically reduced once I'm on the property).

That was enough for me to reject their job offer.

dabz
8th Mar 2021, 09:05
https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/16182.html

They're hiring, what's going on? Are they trying to scam expats?

lee_apromise
8th Mar 2021, 09:52
https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/16182.html

They're hiring, what's going on? Are they trying to scam expats?

I wanted to go but I'm not making this up, look:

(1) General regulation:
- From boarding date to 1st line training date: Pilot isn't
entitled to get salary and all types of allowances but pilot
is entitled to get per diem (if any), hotel corresponds to
employee grade (if any)
- From 1st line training date: pilot is entitled to get benefit
package pursuant to this income announcement

"Annotation: During Covid-19 pandemic, Pilots will be entitled to a salary policy from time to time according to the airline's regulations and based on the actual operation situation. The time for applying 100% post-pandemic policy is when WHO declares the end of pandemic or BAV officially announces application of the post-pandemic policy, whichever comes first."

After reading these 2 sections in the contract, I am staying in my current company where I get paid on time all the time.

SVC1972
8th Mar 2021, 12:21
Is there any difference in applying direct or through an agency for terms and conditions
Also they are not an easy company to deal with or communicate with

lee_apromise
8th Mar 2021, 12:31
Is it Bamboo contract or did you applied via agency with those terms?

I applied directly to Bamboo.

oshn
8th Mar 2021, 22:51
Has anyone else heard anything? I'd be interested to connect with someone else considering the offer. My PPRUNE account is new and my inbox is apparently full already, so please reply in this thread, and I'll send you a PM with contact details.

Nick 1
10th Mar 2021, 11:52
How much you need to pay to have your money back as salary ?

BANANASBANANAS
11th Mar 2021, 01:36
You know the reality. There are too many Pilots in the World. Employers will always have the upper hand. When you choose to become an expat, you choose to give up the rights and protection that you'd expect at home. Many find that the only tool they have is to abuse their employer on PPrune. Look at Emirates, Qatar, Cathay etc. Yet it's the same people year after year in the same company with the same stories.

If you want to go expat then do it. Don't come back here complaining in 6 months time.

You have the basic info from this thread that you need. Late salaries, No commuting, you pay for your upgrade. If that's alright with you then go for it.

You are quite correct as far as you go but there is, for many, a bit more to the story. I started my expat career in the 1990's and the enhanced, tax free salary, and general terms and conditions made the 'other' factors more than bearable. Since then, of course, the conditions and treatment have got steadily worse while, in real terms, the salary has also gone backwards. However, for a guy currently in his late 40s, early 50s it is still better (less bad?) to continue as an expat rather than go to the bottom of a seniority list (assuming he can find employment of course) back home.

Thankfully I listened to the advice I received on day one of my expat career and saved hard during the good times to build up a war chest to protect my family through the bad times. So, currently I am unemployed in SE Asia and looking for another opportunity, anywhere.We are not worried about paying bills but there isn't a lot left over each month. And yes, I know that puts us ahead of a lot of other people. I have had a great time as an expat and regret very little of it. That said, the sooner we get out of this Covid-19 induced mess the better for us all.

E145PENGUIN
15th Mar 2021, 12:24
Does anyone have any previous/current experience with the company Vietstar that could give me some gen? Company culture? Do they pay full salary and on time? Accommodation provided or not? Some general information would be great..

Thanks

Lucifer786
15th Mar 2021, 18:26
What does the Skype interview for a Captain’s position feel like. What are they quizzing about.
Any input welcome.

Flaperon777
19th Mar 2021, 10:13
Not too sure about the Skype interview. But when I last asked a friend who interviewed more than a year ago ( last cycle ), it was mostly theory questions pertaining to ATPL followed by a face to face I think. I’m not quite sure. Would be nice if anybody in this forum could throw some light on the interview details. A lot of senior seasoned aviators here.

safelife
19th Mar 2021, 22:34
10 min Skype Interview, strictly technical, about your aircraft type.
If A320, loss of braking will likely be asked.

bitemyhardly
20th Mar 2021, 03:58
Well done my dear friend. Those scammers are just paying with Crews.
Expats are NOT wellcome by managers but they have no chance
Plan is to have Cadets on Right seat and maybe new low fare Captains on the LH paying bribes under the table (18,000 USD)

bitemyhardly
20th Mar 2021, 04:40
The question in Bamboo is the same... they will never get back to previous salaries and Vietnam is going to recover from this COVID situation in Years.
No commuting and lower salary will be your destiny without the chance to see your family if not quitting your contract. Leave is not foreseen.
As Expat you are no one in this company and you are just a number for them. They quit commuting and the only option available now is 5/1.
They will be always demanding your holidays since they are unable to plan. The roster is changing several times a day and you will be always available.
Salary is paid on time for direct contract only but in 2 tranches every 15 days. They create different groups on Viber to avoid people sharing any unwanted information, all controlled and screened by managers.
ONLY Vietnamese reports are considered and those are used to blackmail crews. Recently they would like to get rid of several "unwanted" Crews but with their planning is difficult.... maybe some spare is coming from VNA f they will give them the release, maybe
Priority is for Cadets paying to fly and you will be always on stby for free. Prepare your own funds to pay and sustain your time here... at list 3-4 months without any salary.

Lucifer786
20th Mar 2021, 09:05
10 min Skype Interview, strictly technical, about your aircraft type.
If A320, loss of braking will likely be asked.
Thanks safelife.
Looking for some info on the theory quiz too if possible.
What can be expected and how do they hold a theory exam on Skype ( online maybe …?? ).
Thanks again for the above.

ia1166
22nd Mar 2021, 13:18
The question in Bamboo is the same... they will never get back to previous salaries and Vietnam is going to recover from this COVID situation in Years.
No commuting and lower salary will be your destiny without the chance to see your family if not quitting your contract. Leave is not foreseen.
As Expat you are no one in this company and you are just a number for them. They quit commuting and the only option available now is 5/1.
They will be always demanding your holidays since they are unable to plan. The roster is changing several times a day and you will be always available.
Salary is paid on time for direct contract only but in 2 tranches every 15 days. They create different groups on Viber to avoid people sharing any unwanted information, all controlled and screened by managers.
ONLY Vietnamese reports are considered and those are used to blackmail crews. Recently they would like to get rid of several "unwanted" Crews but with their planning is difficult.... maybe some spare is coming from VNA f they will give them the release, maybe
Priority is for Cadets paying to fly and you will be always on stby for free. Prepare your own funds to pay and sustain your time here... at list 3-4 months without any salary.

Anger management courses anyone?

Flaperon777
22nd Mar 2021, 15:39
Anger management courses anyone?

Hahahaha … 👏👏👏
On another note, anybody done the 787 Skype. Share your experience pls. Appreciated. 🙏

Flaperon777
25th Mar 2021, 15:55
Gentlemen. Quick question.
What is the approx time gap between theory quiz and Skype interview please.
And how do you know that you are through to the interview stage.
Answers appreciated.

SVC1972
25th Mar 2021, 16:10
They will contact you if you are through to the interview stage pretty quickly and also if you have passed the Skype interview.
if you fail they just don’t communicate
Their communication skills and ability to think outside the box is non existent

Lucifer786
25th Mar 2021, 17:39
Thanks SVC1972. Could you describe ‘pretty quickly’ 🙄.
A couple of days, or maybe a week ?
Similar spot different equipment

SVC1972
25th Mar 2021, 17:42
one - two days

ia1166
25th Mar 2021, 23:55
one - two days

Mate don’t take that as gospel, things change here with the wind. They may be dealing with a change of plan for the year.

Keep hopeful, this will be over soon and we’ll be in demand again.

ILS13
3rd Apr 2021, 15:52
Just did the E190 Tech quiz last night, woke up with email saying I passed, and that they will be in touch regarding Skype Interview.

I am currently flying E175, but figure there isn't much difference for moving on to the E190. Anyone else going down the Embraer path too?

Any current Bamboo E190 pilots up in here?

pfvspnf
4th Apr 2021, 11:54
Can we enter the country for interview

SVC1972
4th Apr 2021, 13:14
Thats where the fun starts dealing with the HR department

safelife
4th Apr 2021, 20:53
Can we enter the country for interview

No. Interview via Skype.

ILS13
4th Apr 2021, 20:55
No. Interview via Skype.
Have you done the interview yet?

DrinkSleepFly&Repeat
20th Apr 2021, 00:29
Hi guys,

If anyone had any info on the tech quiz or interview for 787, this would be much appreciated!!!!

llamanodrama
20th Apr 2021, 05:50
Hi guys,

If anyone had any info on the tech quiz or interview for 787, this would be much appreciated!!!!

30 questions I believe and about 45/50 minutes. They are all over the map but referencing is allowed.

Highrod
20th Apr 2021, 16:13
A320: 2 memo items, MEL cat ABCD, pressure diff to get the PTU started

rodix
21st Apr 2021, 16:02
A320: 2 memo items, MEL cat ABCD, pressure diff to get the PTU started
How long to they take for interview after theory exam is done?

llamanodrama
24th Apr 2021, 10:11
Anyone here done the B787 initial or Skype interviews? It seems to be all quiet on that front. Are they doing A320 and E190 first?

Panorama
25th Apr 2021, 15:00
I passed the interview for P1 on B787, but apparently Bamboo is paying 500USD while you are not flying (training etc) in Viet Nam

Qbix
25th Apr 2021, 17:36
I passed the interview for P1 on B787, but apparently Bamboo is paying 500USD while you are not flying (training etc) in Viet Nam
Where did you read that they are paying 500USD while you are not flying? What I found is that they pay 0! Seriously.

jadrolinija
25th Apr 2021, 17:41
Where did you read that they are paying 500USD while you are not flying? What I found is that they pay 0! Seriously.

Well they obviously improved terms and conditions 😂😂

Highrod
26th Apr 2021, 02:53
Bamboo starts paying only when you start your line training. Vietravel pays a 500USD allowance per month during the ground training, and starts paying "normally" at line check... not sure what happens in case of accident, legally, when you have a guy occupying a pilot seat, therefore participating in company revenue, but without being entitled to any salary.
It's Vietnam, they do whatever they want, cause they can 😅

Fja
26th Apr 2021, 05:37
Quick question guys , what does ACRT training mean on the bamboo application form ? Many thanks in advance

SVC1972
26th Apr 2021, 12:04
And they only pay 70% of of you basic wage during Pandemic and this will remain in place until World Health Organisation declares pandemic over. Latest guidelines 2-3 years before that happens. So that needs. to be factored in as well

THT
6th Nov 2021, 18:28
Hey guys, has there been an update on operations ? How many Embraers are flying now ?
Are they recalling all the staff ? Thanks !

Just_landed
30th Dec 2022, 07:43
so the latest i heard from my friend is they arent flying much expats on A320 because they have plenty of locals now. salary is still tied to hours. so your salary is still pretty low (captains). First officers are also crying for obviously lower pay and even lower hours.

BAe 146-100
30th Dec 2022, 13:43
Well isn’t that the plan of any airline, fly it with a majority of locals??