PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need help revalidating ME/IR in SIM (UK)

HelpNeeded
22nd Sep 2018, 08:47
So, I write in a bit of panic. I had my ME/IR revalidation booked at an ATO in the UK. Unfortunately, I got an email stating they were overbooked and now had to cancel my appointment! My expiry is the end of the month, and I can only revalidate in the SIM on or before this date.

FTA Global offer a great package for £650, which includes a 1.5 hour lesson, and the examiner for the actual examined sim 1.5h flight. Unfortunately, they have no more space available (understandable!). The same story with a few others... the only one I have found is way more expensive at £1,000 for a single hour lesson and a single hour exam with the examiner.

Is there anyone out here who can help me out or knows somewhere I could go? I'm budget conscious of course, but ideally I'd like a refresher lesson to some extent, and then to be examined but on or before Sep 30. I'm really in a state of panic as it's imperative I get this done. Not looking to renew MEP at all, just the ME/IR. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

HelpNeeded
22nd Sep 2018, 19:15
I'd greatly appreciate any input

janrein
22nd Sep 2018, 23:26
Airways Aviation in Oxford, On-Track in Wellisbourne.

TheSkylander
22nd Sep 2018, 23:52
Did you try to contact any small club or something like this? Ask for the price and if there is any fee to pay for the examiner's signature.
Sometime they ask extra money to put the signature.
Neverthless, with only 7 days I beleive it's the only way to do that.

Good luck.

HelpNeeded
23rd Sep 2018, 00:46
Airways Aviation in Oxford, On-Track in Wellisbourne.

On Track never answers their phone! And Airways said they'd call me back when I rang on Friday... never did hear anything from either.

HelpNeeded
23rd Sep 2018, 00:47
Did you try to contact any small club or something like this? Ask for the price and if there is any fee to pay for the examiner's signature.
Sometime they ask extra money to put the signature.
Neverthless, with only 7 days I beleive it's the only way to do that.

Good luck.

That's the issue, I haven't been in the UK for so long (did training abroad and lived abroad) so I don't know which are these clubs that have the ability to be signed off from... Google search returns the same 2 or 3, then just informational pages, and no actual clubs. Looking to see if anybody has a direct recommendation?

janrein
25th Sep 2018, 00:02
you're welcome ...