PDA

View Full Version : Passport and immigration control.

left hand down a bit
21st Sep 2018, 10:54
Hello everyone as a long time lurker I have finally registered to ask for some advice I will be travelling on monday longhall via Frankfurt.I have a UK passport and my wife a Eire one I have been told that I may need to go through immigration in Franfurt for my onward flight but my wife doesn't. Can anyone in the know advise me if this is correct or will it all be sorted at City airport.
Thanks

1DC
21st Sep 2018, 15:26
Could be the case if you are flying from the UK because Brits aren't in the Schengen agreement, so we have to show passports when Schengen members just walk in.

DaveReidUK
21st Sep 2018, 17:04
Could be the case if you are flying from the UK because Brits aren't in the Schengen agreement, so we have to show passports when Schengen members just walk in.

Ireland isn't in Schengen either, so that wouldn't account for any possible differences between the treatment of Eire vs UK passports.

RevMan2
21st Sep 2018, 17:35
It’s all here: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/travel/transfer.detail.suffix.html/article/travel/services-a-z/easy-travel/transfer-at-fra.html

DaveReidUK
21st Sep 2018, 19:43
It’s all here: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/travel/transfer.detail.suffix.html/article/travel/services-a-z/easy-travel/transfer-at-fra.html

That doesn't indicate any difference between the treatment of UK and Eire passport holders, so it looks like the OP needn't worry.

RevMan2
22nd Sep 2018, 05:04
LCY is non-Schengen. The document defines scenarios for non-Schengen origins in transit to both non-Schengen and Schengen destinations..

left hand down a bit
22nd Sep 2018, 07:01
Thanks for the replies all is becoming clear the information was given me by a friend who lives in Spain and travels on a UK passport, she had trouble at Frankfurt presumably because she was travelling Shengen to non Schegnen. Once again thanks to all.

blaggerman
22nd Sep 2018, 08:51
What border checks you need to pass at any airport is determined by where your flight has come from and where you are going next. It has nothing to do with the documents that you carry.

RevMan2
23rd Sep 2018, 06:25
What “trouble”? You’ve got a passport - if you need to show it, show it.....

DaveReidUK
23rd Sep 2018, 07:19
What “trouble”? You’ve got a passport - if you need to show it, show it.....

On the contrary, if I have to show my passport, it usually means I'm having trouble. :O

My success rate with e-gates averages about 10%.

wiggy
23rd Sep 2018, 10:41
What border checks you need to pass at any airport is determined by where your flight has come from and where you are going next. It has nothing to do with the documents that you carry.

Yup, otherwise every passenger getting off a flight would have to have their documents checked to establish whether they needed their documents checked or not........

sherburn2LA
23rd Sep 2018, 14:27
After Brexit you will have to stand in the naughty corner for an hour. And there won't be any filghts anyway. It must be true - I read it on here.