PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning from passenger jets to Challenger 604/605

Ilyushin76
19th Sep 2018, 09:29
Just wanted to know what the expert opinion is about the difficulty of transitioning from passenger jets, say, Boeing 737NG to the challenger 601/604/605 series.

P.S. Is the rating same for the 601 all the way to 605?

dynamite dean
19th Sep 2018, 10:41
- fitting your ego through the door :)

Just kiddin' , the pace of life ...which is why I'm sure you've spotted that for what you get paid. If its a reasonable outfit. I think if your a easy going person I cant see any problems, your a human first and an aviator second.
- I have flown with a few ex airliner chaps , I have had more issues with my own brethren to be blunt. If you meant the technical aspects of the transition of the flying , I cant make any up at present (!)

BizJetJock
19th Sep 2018, 12:10
Most Boeing guys are thrilled by the sophistication of the avionics apart from the autothrottles; Airbus guys are amazed at how basic it all is. Beyond that no problem at all!
Two separate type ratings -
CL600 covers all 600 & 601 variants with no differences training required despite different engines, electric system, bleed air system and fuel system across the variants
CL604/605 covers those and the 650; differences required between 604 & 605/650 despite it just being an avionics upgade, familiarisation for the 605 to 650.

It's mainly about the differences in the job rather than the equipment.

ksjc
19th Sep 2018, 15:43
I've flown with some airline guys transitioning to the biz jet world. Adapting to the equipment isn't difficult...it's all the other stuff that's expected of them where I've seen them struggle..things that were always handled by someone else. Flight planning, servicing the plane, catering, etc. Particularly difficult is loading baggage and later unloading baggage without leaving something behind. Might sound mundane but equally important as everything else in the VIP world. VIPs are used to being looked after and often times are not good at keeping track of things for themselves. Airline guys must learn some new skills, not necessarily anything to do with flying however.