PDA

View Full Version : teaching aviation english options in China?

squire
29th Jul 2002, 00:15
Hi there Iam a NZ trained CPL going to Beijing in November and just wondering if anyone has any information on aviation English options in China .Any assistance would be appreciatted "Thanks' in advance.

a pilot
30th Jul 2002, 15:00
Great idea,do they use the faa system?Let us know.Been years ago to taiwan and a short visit to china,would like to do it again,aviation related...even better.

squire
20th Aug 2002, 22:13
Surely someone has some information ? I know that there are supposed to be some Canadians floating around central China (Chungdu) but I'd have thought that with the standard (or lack of) English of many Chinese pilots and ATC there would b some options out there???:confused:

Panama Jack
8th Sep 2002, 01:18
Interesting topic.

Back in 1996 I was involved with teaching Aviation English at the China Southern Airlines Flying College at the Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics in Beijing. I found it to be "interesting," to say the least. There was a BIG need for English language instruction, the cheaper (or better yet free) they could get it, the better. There is the need, the money and resources may not be at the same level as their interest and need.

PM me if you need more info.

squire
11th Sep 2002, 21:57
Hi PJ,and thanks for the email you sent .I replied to your personal email address hope you recieved the details.I have seen BUAA and Embry-Riddle on the net and think the basic salary are somewhat better than when you visited.Still nothing wonderful but better than the average Chinese worker.Basically since my partner has work on quite a good (by local standards) wage.I am looking for something with an aviation thrust that will keep me busy while in the country.Not much happening here in New Zealand for low time CPL's.Any suggestions on contacts for positions please feel free to mail me .:D