PDA

View Full Version : Cat A Lic usage

Emeroid Eng
14th Sep 2018, 11:41
Anyone know if a Cat A Lic can be used as a stand alone qualification?

For example:
A privately owned aircraft is being washed at the airfield at which I work.
The A Lic allows routine lubrication to be certified.

Could I certify the lubrication of flight controls and undercarriage quoting my Lic number as certification?
Or can a Cat A only be used within the realms of a Part 145 organisation?

Thanks in advance

TURIN
14th Sep 2018, 12:29
Pretty sure you need to be in a 145 environment..........

There are several categories of licenses which cover different levels and disciplines and a variety of routes exist to achieve them (This Blog Focuses on CAT A).

What is an EASA Part 66 CAT A Maintenance Engineers Licence

The Category A Licence: Ramp or Line Maintenance Certifying Mechanic typically performs relatively minor maintenance tasks and “simple” part replacements that may be required and to subsequently certify these tasks.

Cat A Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence (AMEL) allows the holder to issue certificates of release to service (When supported by an Approved Maintenance Organisation – AMO (145) following minor “Task Trained” scheduled line maintenance and simple defect rectification within the limits of the tasks specifically endorsed on the company authorization.

The privileges related to the certification shall be restricted to work that the license holder has personally performed (or is directly involved but requires assistance – for example wheel change) in a Part-145 organization.

https://sassofia.com/blog/all-about-easa-part-66-a-licenced-aircraft-engineer/

Emeroid Eng
14th Sep 2018, 13:36
Thanks TURIN

lowfat
18th Sep 2018, 15:04
A licensed engineer "A" or "B" can only work within the limits of a part 145 Company approval . So the old days of just quoting your license on the paper work and earning a bit spare cash are a dim and distant Memory.