PDA

View Full Version : Wright Bros with Alex Ogilvie

parafinburner
12th Sep 2018, 15:22
Seeing a photo of Alex Ogilvie in North Carolina I have his first world war medal as he was a good friend of Wilbur and Orville Wright and I would not be surprised if he was the main man for the flight in NC as he was a good friend of Wrights family and was the 7th Pilot in UK to get a licence
We will never know that others really are the hero's but others sometimes take the glory but this was very interesting to see of a man that was never mentioned I wonder why

b1lanc
13th Sep 2018, 02:13
Seeing a photo of Alex Ogilvie in North Carolina I have his first world war medal as he was a good friend of Wilbur and Orville Wright and I would not be surprised if he was the main man for the flight in NC as he was a good friend of Wrights family and was the 7th Pilot in UK to get a licence
We will never know that others really are the hero's but others sometimes take the glory but this was very interesting to see of a man that was never mentioned I wonder why

Well, according to the state of Connecticut, he might be the 8th since they now recognize Gustave Whitehead as first in flight.....:rolleyes: