PDA

View Full Version : PMís Questions

vctenderness
12th Sep 2018, 12:22
Can anyone tell me why that bunch of gormless prats in Parliament are all wearing golden wheat sheafs on their jackets?

Are they about to reintroduce the corn laws?

Krystal n chips
12th Sep 2018, 12:30
Can anyone tell me why that bunch of gormless prats in Parliament are all wearing golden wheat sheafs on their jackets?

Are they about to reintroduce the corn laws?

Certainly can...... you will be delighted to learn.

They are wearing them to confuse gormless prats who pose the question on websites when a very brief click on the BBC's website would have revealed the answer......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-parliaments-45474156

NutLoose
12th Sep 2018, 12:46
It's technical term is "Corn on the knob"

KelvinD
12th Sep 2018, 12:46
Not only wheat ears (I seem to remember a wheat sheaf is a bloody big thing!) but in some cases at least, the stalks are wrapped in British wool. All was revealed in that connection during an interview on Radio 4 early this morning.
Meanwhile, I am watching PMQ at this time and it seems to me the PM has been thoroughly rattled on more than one occasion thus far. While not a Corbyn fan, I have to say he gave her a proper hammering with at least one of his questions, while the SNP leader (is it Blackford) stated loud and clear that she and her government are not fit to govern. I thought she was on the verge of tears at one point.
Then, I would say that, wouldn't I!
As PMQ comes to an end, can anyone explain why the Speaker uses the command "Order" seemingly to tell the Members to clear off out of here?

ORAC
12th Sep 2018, 12:50
Is this the new UK Politics thread?

We need one as the only way I can access the old one is go to page 1 and hit the reply button.

vctenderness
12th Sep 2018, 17:46
Certainly can...... you will be delighted to learn.

They are wearing them to confuse gormless prats who pose the question on websites when a very brief click on the BBC's website would have revealed the answer......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-parliaments-45474156

...or gormless smartarseís who put links on that donít actually contain the answer to the question!

cavortingcheetah
12th Sep 2018, 18:03
Jeremy wouldn't be nearly as keen to support British farming if he knew what an absolutely brilliant inheritance tax wheeze agricultural land ownership is in Britain. Still, he'll get around to rehabilitating that set up too once he's in power and then, with all the rich made impecunious and there being no sidereal benefit from farming, especially after the proposed collectivisation, there'll have to be gifts of victuals from the French for the country to survive. Carrefour will run food banks, 'pour les pauvres Anglais'.

DaveReidUK
12th Sep 2018, 18:05
Happily, one can always rely on the Whitchurch Herald (http://www.whitchurchherald.co.uk/news/national/16837456.why-were-mps-wearing-wheat-on-their-lapels-at-pmqs/) to answer those tricky questions.

Hussar 54
12th Sep 2018, 18:20
My ( British and 101% Trade Unionist ) step father always said ' Beware all those politicians who always seem to be wearing lapel badges to feign support for something different every week....Unless it is to support their local football team '.....

Krystal n chips
12th Sep 2018, 18:43
...or gormless smartarse’s who put links on that don’t actually contain the answer to the question!

Oh dear, and to thunk my altruistic nature came to the fore to answer your question......one is mortified !

However, you may note I posted my reply about 8 mins after your query....now here cometh the dilemma because, at the time of posting, the answer was indeed displayed on the link !......sadly, had you taken about less than a minute to clunk onto the Beeb's website, prior to exemplifying your sentiment, all would have been revealed to you. But, as the saying goes, "time and tide ( now updated to include teckernology) waits for no man "

Of course, they could have all been dropping hints to Treeza about her gambols and frolics in the wheat fields in her halcyon youth....well maybe not.

Trossie
12th Sep 2018, 18:49
(I've been really surprised that we didn't get a Gruinard link!)

Do most Labour MPs know what a farm is?

Pontius Navigator
12th Sep 2018, 19:26
(I've been really surprised that we didn't get a Gruinard link!)

Do most Labour MPs know what a farm is?
Sure, so much wind to generate power.

747 jock
12th Sep 2018, 20:53
Oh dear, and to thunk my altruistic nature came to the fore to answer your question......one is mortified !

Personally I'm of the opinion that it had **** all to do with any altruistic nature and more to do with your wanting to appear (appear being the important bit) more knowledgeable than someone else.

In the end, all you managed to do as usual is to make yourself sound like a total arse.

eal401
13th Sep 2018, 09:10
In the end, all you managed to do as usual is to make yourself sound like a total arse.

"Situation Normal" then. :}

Pontius Navigator
13th Sep 2018, 09:14
KnC

Easily done :)