PDA

View Full Version : Trident instruments

tony jarrett
10th Sep 2018, 20:21
Hi All
Recently i have set up a closed group for museums that have a Trident aircraft/section in the hope that by working all together we can enhance the Trident aircraft exhibits in the UK. At the moment i have all the museums on board bar one where we are looking to share our knowledge , skills and to loan/seek parts to make each enhance each exhibit. The problem we are facing is the lack of instruments to complete these exhibits like G-ARPP that requires almost all of them . What i would like to ask is if anyone has any Trident aircraft instruments or useful parts for these exhibits in the museums could you please get in touch with me here or through my email [email protected] . You can loan them by filling a loan form or gift them to any one of the Trident exhibits in the country. I am the guy who moved G-ARPO to Sunderland a few years back and hope you can help me again to look to get our Trident aircraft in these museums up to being a more complete exhibit . No part will be sold or discarded
Thank you
Tony Jarrett

ZeBedie
13th Sep 2018, 10:02
I think the 'Super' 1-11s operated by BA had flight instruments common with the Trident?

condor17
13th Sep 2018, 20:40
A lot of Trident flight systems in museum / retired a/c were sold / robbed to keep BAC S-111s flying as the Smiths flight system were similar .
Operaters of the S-11s went around museums etc to source spare parts . Aka the Trident in deHavilland museum around J21 of the M25 .
Try tretired / scrapped S-111s .

rgds condor .

condor17
13th Sep 2018, 20:48
PS , delivery crews of Tridents to fire heaps / wrecking etc. took some souvenirs . Not much as difficult to remove ... 8 day clock a no go ; stopwatchs easy . Mind you the a/c library were short of manuals for few remaining a/c , so we had to lug all a/c docs back from Brum [ from G-AWZZ ] . Not to mention crash axe , infant lifecot , reg. plates , stopwatchs [ still works on a British a/c ! ] . Brtish Midland 'Shed' might have had a weight/bal prob .

rgds condor .

tony jarrett
13th Sep 2018, 21:28
Thank you for your replies i very much appreciate your help and input .Yes a few common instruments with Super 1-11 Zebedie and in contact with dehaviland museum and had a couple of bits for PO , understand they have another area with loads of surplus instrument and bits and hope some time to look through that lot to see if any are Trident . I am in process of writing to the pilots i am in touch with, Had a couple send us a couple of instruments that they took as souveniers.