PDA

View Full Version : Britten Norman BN-2 Flight Manual

heavier than air
9th Sep 2018, 06:43
Can someone supply me with a copy of the manual. Got one but can't read its format .cheers

Ixixly
10th Sep 2018, 02:59
65kts, load it till the struts are compressed, noise cancelling headsets mandatory, don't hit the edges that's about it I think? ;)

But seriously, PM me your email and I can send through a copy, I have FM20 for BN2A-26 & 27 and FM9 for BN2A-2, 3, 20 and 21 both are in PDF.

Duck Pilot
10th Sep 2018, 09:59
Yep, all the big switches up, little ones down and 65 knots will get you going and keep any dumb pilot like me out of trouble not to mention make some good bucks or Kina for your employer.

Drawback is that it will certainly make you deaf! But a great fun aeroplane to fly that you can load up to the gunnels.

Word of warning, get the CofG well away from the forward limit. If you past it the elevator will run out movement with the pole jammed full forward into the panel when you select full flap. This wasn’t taught to me however a few good pilots have come unstuck - only solution is to retract the flaps to regain control however you going to probably dent the machine up if your committed into a marginal strip.

Pinky the pilot
10th Sep 2018, 10:59
A BN-2 Flight manual?:confused: You mean that there actually is such a publication??:eek::eek:

65kts, load it till the struts are compressed, noise cancelling headsets mandatory, don't hit the edges that's about it I think? https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Sums it up fairly well actually.

340drvr
10th Sep 2018, 12:24
If you don't find one here, try Essco Aircraft:

https://www.esscoaircraft.com/default.aspx

JekiJock
10th Sep 2018, 12:54
Yep, all the big switches up, little ones down and 65 knots will get you going and keep any dumb pilot like me out of trouble not to mention make some good bucks or Kina for your employer.

Drawback is that it will certainly make you deaf! But a great fun aeroplane to fly that you can load up to the gunnels.

Word of warning, get the CofG well away from the forward limit. If you past it the elevator will run out movement with the pole jammed full forward into the panel when you select full flap. This wasn’t taught to me however a few good pilots have come unstuck - only solution is to retract the flaps to regain control however you going to probably dent the machine up if your committed into a marginal strip.

And this can be deadly. A friend died because of this issue in combination with an engine failure. A rare circumstance and also in the turbine variant but I'd recommend looking at the account report for P2-SBC near Kiunga.

Otherwise an amazing aerie to fly so have fun. 65 and she'll be right. 75 for the turbine.

Ixixly
10th Sep 2018, 14:08
It's something I find guys often forget with various Aircraft, have a look at what it was designed to do. The Islander can take 181kg in the rear baggage for a reason, it's designed to do so, so having nothing in there and passengers in the front row only is bound to cause issues!