PDA

View Full Version : Oxford avaation academy CD rom for EASA ATPL installation on macbook

N1 Limit
4th Sep 2018, 11:07
Hi there
i’m having issues installing the OAA CD-ROM for the EASA ATPL on my mackbook any hint on how i should go about it?on my other notebook it worked pretty well as i guess the CD-ROM’s are XP,Windows,Vista compatible

PJD1
4th Sep 2018, 13:29
I'm not familiar with the software but if it is designed for Windows it will not work with MacOS, they are 2 completely different operating systems and use different software architectures. Your best option would be to contact the software supplier to ask if a MacOS version is available.

jimjim1
5th Sep 2018, 09:32
If it is software for Windows only, it seems likely that you could run Windows in a virtual machine on the Mac and put the software in it. You would need a Windows Licence I think. Not sure if Free VM tools can do this or not.

Google windows vm on mac

This article seems good and lists both Free and Paid options.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/best-virtual-machine-software-3671133/

N1 Limit
7th Sep 2018, 15:57
Thanx jimjim1 iwill give it a try.I read th link you sent me.If installed will it run on all mac’s.I use a macbook air

jimjim1
11th Sep 2018, 03:58
I read th link you sent me.If installed will it run on all mac’s.I use a macbook air

I would think so. I have little experience of VM software as it came along in strength as I got out of heavy duty IT. I have even less experience of Mac's.

The VM stuff though just works. It's astonishing. Depending on your IT experience/handiness you may run into trouble with things like network access and/or disk/file or printer access. I don't have enough VM experience to accurately foresee potential issues.