PDA

View Full Version : Aviation for a mid career change Singapore

derekjsun
4th Sep 2018, 10:55
Alright I'm starting this cause I cannot seem to find anything pertaining to mid career changes in Singapore.
I'm a 34 year old who always wanted to fly for a living and have been saving up.Now when I have saved a fair bit, I just realized that there are age caps in ab initio programs.
(Tried applying for Scoot,SIA & Jetstar and never even got an assessment for the likes of scoot
Has anyone done their CPL with MEIR ratings in academies/schools in US/UK/NZ/MY/PH/AU and successfully got a job in a local carrier?
With the aviation scene going up I'm hoping to get my license come back and apply for a 2nd officer position in any of this 3 carriers first and of course if necessary move to another country to built hours in any role that will eventually get me to where I want to be.

dl_88
5th Sep 2018, 08:42
Alright I'm starting this cause I cannot seem to find anything pertaining to mid career changes in Singapore.
I'm a 34 year old who always wanted to fly for a living and have been saving up.Now when I have saved a fair bit, I just realized that there are age caps in ab initio programs.
(Tried applying for Scoot,SIA & Jetstar and never even got an assessment for the likes of scoot
Has anyone done their CPL with MEIR ratings in academies/schools in US/UK/NZ/MY/PH/AU and successfully got a job in a local carrier?
With the aviation scene going up I'm hoping to get my license come back and apply for a 2nd officer position in any of this 3 carriers first and of course if necessary move to another country to built hours in any role that will eventually get me to where I want to be.

Not without hours that they will look at you. Either you get in the cadet program and complete it before going to knock on doors, or you have to go overseas to find jobs. Not trying to discourage you, but without hours it is very hard to move around.