PDA

View Full Version : MS surface 2 tablet: repeating keys

Hokulea
3rd Sep 2018, 07:10
All,

I've tried everything I can think of other than refreshing the complete system so am hoping any computer experts here have some advice.

At home, I use a surface 2 tablet running Windows 10 along with a Bluetooth keyboard. A few days ago, whenever the keyboard was turned on, it kept sending spurious characters. I replaced the keyboard, this time it just kept sending repeated "["s. Another new keyboard sent repeated "6"s. The sign of the devil it seems.

I've tried all the obvious fixes thinking I can't have three broken keyboards: removing the keyboard from the Bluetooth connection list then reconnecting, checking for viruses, fixing any and all Window problems. Unfortunately, I can't restore the system to a date before the problem started because I didn't realize the last Windows update turned that off. If I could just restore the Bluetooth software I would do that but don't know how to do that.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I haven't found a fix on the web that works yet.

Hokulea
3rd Sep 2018, 08:59
Before anyone spends time on this, I think I have fixed the problem. It seems to have been caused by malware which I've finally managed to remove. I ran a scan using Spyhunter and after it removed some stuff things are working again.