PDA

View Full Version : Honorary member benefits

Xwindldg
3rd Sep 2018, 02:23
In the AOA manual it says an associate member may "participate in insurances". Does this mean they get the loss of licence insurance like a full member?

Freehills
3rd Sep 2018, 03:33
Here you go. Happy to help

Postal Address:Aircrew Officers Association
5th Floor Daily House
35-37 Haiphong Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong
Tel:+852 2736 0823
Fax:+852 2736 0903
Email:[email protected]

Xwindldg
3rd Sep 2018, 08:35
There is no point writing to the AOA office, they NEVER respond, despite the fact that they have paid staff!

Xwindldg
3rd Sep 2018, 08:38
If you can be an associate member and not have to follow CC, can be the person on the other side of the negotiating table, pay a fraction of the fees and still get loss of licence insurance, that would be an amazing deal.

I would like to become an associate member if that is in fact the deal.

Oasis
3rd Sep 2018, 09:39
If you can be an associate member and not have to follow CC, can be the person on the other side of the negotiating table, pay a fraction of the fees and still get loss of licence insurance, that would be an amazing deal.

I would like to become an associate member if that is in fact the deal.
Xwind.. always the divisive one....

dctPub
3rd Sep 2018, 10:10
I think he/she has a point.
The fact that our DFO can get access to members only benefits is hilarious.
I'm sure he (and the rest of management Assoc A members) can take the extra money they get for screwing pilots and get their own insurance.

Xwindldg
3rd Sep 2018, 10:49
You can get kicked out of the AOA for taking a training position or working a G, but you can be an associate member and be the one cutting our pay and benefits. How does that work? Need a rule change I think. Either you're a full member or you're out.

If my fees are helping subsidize insurance for the DFO that will really p### me off!

swh
3rd Sep 2018, 11:02
There is no point writing to the AOA office, they NEVER respond, despite the fact that they have paid staff!

i wrote to the recently and received a letter in reply in two days (the letter was sent as a PDF and attached to an email)

i don’t think you are actually are a membe of the AOA.

Xwindldg
3rd Sep 2018, 12:20
It's more likely that you aren't a member or are a very new member if you haven't experienced writing to the AOA and never getting a reply.

Veruka Salt
3rd Sep 2018, 14:46
I wrote to the AOA today and got a reply within 10 minutes. You’re doing it all wrong xwind/

fire wall
4th Sep 2018, 01:09
I wrote to the AOA today and got a reply within 10 minutes. You’re doing it all wrong xwind/
I've written numerous letters and received replies ranging from a few hours to a week. Whilst the premise of xwldgs argument is worthy of debate the statement that the office never responds is bullsh1t.

ACMS
4th Sep 2018, 08:09
Yep, wrote to the AOA a while ago and received a reply inside 24hours with the data I requested.

Xwindldg
4th Sep 2018, 09:54
That's good to hear they have radically changed then, up until recently they wouldn't reply.

This thread is about the guy trying to slash our pay and benefits, but still being allowed to be an associate member. I guess you guys are totally fine with that though because the AOA responds to emails quicker these days.

Seriously, how on earth can he be allowed to be any kind of AOA member? You couldn't be any more against us at the moment.