PDA

View Full Version : RYAN AIR Roadshows & Recruitment

calllmetim
2nd Sep 2018, 22:26
I'm considering flying out to visit one of the upcoming Ryan Air roadshows. I am a Canadian with European citizenship, and have all the required flight experience to qualify as a non-type rated FO (except for a European licence).

I have a few questions, but the main one is: What is the process/What happens at these Roadshows?

I would like to apply, and wonder if flying out and shaking hands with a real person can help my chances. As I mentioned, all I lack is a European Licence. I've noticed that Ryan Air will accept ICAO licences for type-rated pilots, but there seems to be no mention of what qualifications they will accept when looking for a non-type rated FO.

Any information is greatly appreciated! PMs are also welcome.

Thank you

dimk
3rd Sep 2018, 11:39
Hi,

I don't think seeing somebody in person would help you anyhow, just apply the usual way and if you meet the requirements you will be invited for an assessment. Your licence will need to be converted into Irish licence anyway.

BR

banjodrone
3rd Sep 2018, 19:55
As I understand it, for experienced pilots with hours in the 4 digit range and an ATP, they can arrange a national validation, probably an Irish one, which is valid for 1 year and during which time you have to take and pass the 14 EASA exams. If you just have a TC commercial ticket & IR and and are fresh out of flight school or hours in the 3 digit range, you're probably out of luck as they don't get involved in EASA CPL / IR conversions. If you do however meet the requirements you could always give it a try. You'll need more precise information from a reliable source but they are the basics as I understand them. For Ryanair I'm pretty sure you have to pay for the 737 type rating or extra training and checkride if you already have an ICAO one.

calllmetim
9th Sep 2018, 20:25
I'm well into the 4-digit range and have an ICAO ATPL. Might be worth it then to go to a roadshow and get some more in depth info about what's involved in the process to be hired/if I were to be hired.

sarbee
29th Dec 2018, 20:15
calllmetim - please would you keep me posted on how you succeed / what you learn? In a similar boat with tc atpl(h)/(a), easa atpl(h) and faa atpl(h)/(a).... just looking at whether to try to get work in Europe or the US given the current US shortage and salary hikes. Thanks in advance!

calllmetim
29th Dec 2018, 20:37
calllmetim - please would you keep me posted on how you succeed / what you learn? In a similar boat with tc atpl(h)/(a), easa atpl(h) and faa atpl(h)/(a).... just looking at whether to try to get work in Europe or the US given the current US shortage and salary hikes. Thanks in advance!

I found it to be a waste of time unless you happen to have a 737 type rating with significant Captain time on it. They may be interested if you have jet time (30000 kg and above IIRC) as well. Otherwise, they’ll allow you to apply as a cadet and pay them 5000£ up front for your type rating.

Charlie_Oskar_DA42
3rd Jan 2019, 08:36
They have now changed their requirements and have started hiring pilots who are experienced on a/c less than 30,000Kg or pilots that have no yet experience but have a turbo prop experience with no upfront costs for the type rating and a salary from day 1