PDA

View Full Version : Flight training

Dean.Chig
2nd Sep 2018, 10:01
Hi,
I’m Australian and started my PPL a few months ago here in Sydney

I’m moving to Stockholm Sweden in December and was wanting some advice as to where I could continue my pilots license course PPL and if the hours I’ve done can be transferred ?

Also do the training facilities in Sweden do casual lessons ? Or will I have to be enrolled into a course

any info would be much appreciated

thanks 👋

paco
2nd Sep 2018, 20:03
There's no reason why your hours can't be used - one tip would be to get signatures in your log book verifying them and have a copy certified by a notary - this is always a good practice when changing countries. Not too sure about casual courses - but I don't see why not.

phil

banjodrone
3rd Sep 2018, 18:23
Hours are hours and they should count but I'm not sure about the specific training requirements which will differ to one degree or another. Believe me if they could philosophically justify a concept such as EASA hours, CASA hours, FAA or anywhere else hours, they would do it but it doesn't really make any sense. I'd imagine you'd have to unlearn some procedural things and relearn them the way they want you to do it but that should be straightforward enough. What paco said about your logbook I'd agree with. Good idea also to scan them and keep a backup copy on a USB drive.

Good luck.