PDA

View Full Version : Query on UK Flight Plan & GAR w/ interim landings

RMK
1st Sep 2018, 13:57
I’m planning an upcoming flight with friends who live in SW Kent, UK. When we fly together, I normally pick them up at their home (land in their garden) after departing from my home aerodrome.

However, we may do a flight from the UK to Le Touquet (LFAT) together. Regarding flight plans and GAR forms, has anyone done similar and know the procedure/entries when picking up or dropping off passengers enroute?

Our route will pass by close to Lydd (EGMD), so we could land there on return flight if needed. I’d be taking off on my own and picking up two other persons to join the flight enroute.

TeeS
1st Sep 2018, 14:50
Hi RMK

This should answer most of your question GAR Instructions (http://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/724906/GAR_Instructions_July_2018.pdf)

Cheers TeeS

RMK
2nd Sep 2018, 12:41
TeeS, thank you for the info above.

I subsequently called BorderForce and was informed to just do both my Flight Plan and GAR between the points of the private site in Kent and Le Touquet (LFAT). All is straight forward, so long as all POB have UK passports. Should any passenger hold a non-UK passport, then BorderForce must personally arrive and meet you upon landing back in the UK.

PlasticCabDriver
3rd Sep 2018, 07:25
TeeS, thank you for the info above.

I subsequently called BorderForce and was informed to just do both my Flight Plan and GAR between the points of the private site in Kent and Le Touquet (LFAT). All is straight forward, so long as all POB have UK passports. Should any passenger hold a non-UK passport, then BorderForce must personally arrive and meet you upon landing back in the UK.

I’ve flown back in to the UK quite a few times with non-UK EU engineers on board (listed as pax in the GAR) and have never been met by anyone.