PDA

View Full Version : BA LGW - IBZ Drunk pax fighting in the cabin BEFORE take-off.

sixchannel
1st Sep 2018, 08:58
I'd love to know how 4 Pax, drunk enough to start a fist fight even BEFORE take-off, managed a) to get aboard wthout the 'Ticket Inspectors' noticing anything and, b) even even important in my view, the Cabin Crew not noticing anything odd about them when welcoming them on board or kicking off on the pre-taxi walkthroughs BEFORE the Airbridge /stairs were taken away?
i think i know the answer - its the "somebody, anybody, nobody" story.
Insights welcome.

rog747
1st Sep 2018, 14:43
Any drunk, or too tipsy pax that wandered up to our check-in at BMA LHR would be told to go and get a few black coffees, sober up, come back and see me, and then I might let them on the next flight (with the crew being made aware of what has occurred)

We had many guys returning to the UK from a 'Dry' 6 month stint in the Sand Pits of the ME/Gulf, and the first thing they did when they got to LHR was start to drink before their connecting flight back up to the North/Scotland/Belfast.
Usually worked, or if not they got short shift and were told to take the Tube into town, and get the night Sleeper train back home...or come back in the morning, but you can'ye sleep here!

They NEVER usually got as far as the Gate, let alone an aircraft entrance door.
If anyone at the Gate was displaying any issues we dealt with them there PDQ. (sometimes it may just be a very nervous flyer etc)

We did NOT have sub-feral mobs of Skanks & Oiks, either M or F.
We DID have some rowdy charter flights such as a night Glasgow- Gerona but the CC were tough enough to get them to behave.
We NEVER had diversions, or Cops called to an aircraft - It was unheard of.

sixchannel
1st Sep 2018, 15:24
I suspect the drinking occured AFTER Check in, where they will have had a couple of hours to put it away without any restrictions.
This night flght to IBZ (c22.30 t/o?) was perfect for these 'pre-loaders' who clearly had a skin full before boarding. And nobody noticed?
Any takers on the bet that these were off on a 'stag weekend'? Its called "not sh---ing on your own doorstep".

easyflyer83
1st Sep 2018, 19:01
Were you on that flight?

sixchannel
1st Sep 2018, 20:19
Were you on that flight?

No, thank goodness.

DaveReidUK
2nd Sep 2018, 07:47
I suspect the drinking occured AFTER Check in, where they will have had a couple of hours to put it away without any restrictions.

Unless you are taking hold baggage, checking in doesn't involve any human contact at all, so no chance of inebriation being detected at that point.

In fact if you check in online, you then have 24 hours of drinking time available before the flight departs . :O

I suppose you could be pulled up at security or at the gate if legless, but typically it's the cabin crew who end up dealing with it.

rog747
2nd Sep 2018, 09:14
Unless you are taking hold baggage, checking in doesn't involve any human contact at all, so no chance of inebriation being detected at that point.

In fact if you check in online, you then have 24 hours of drinking time available before the flight departs . :O

I suppose you could be pulled up at security or at the gate if legless, but typically it's the cabin crew who end up dealing with it.

Exactly, Dave that sums it all up.
How the human interface now has disappeared until arriving at the gate, where there, with often vaguely trained agency handling staff have to recognise, and then deal with these scenarios -
Seems now they just allow them to board....Then it all kicks off - Poor crew and Poor passengers.