PDA

View Full Version : KINGAIR B200 Endorsements EAST Coast OZ

heavier than air
31st Aug 2018, 22:21
Are there any independents out there that have training syllabus approved apart from Ansett . I just heard Flight One at Archerfield do the endo as well. Any More ??
There are two people to get endorsed. ??

Horatio Leafblower
1st Sep 2018, 04:20
Does Flight Options at Maroochydore have a B200 Sim?

Flying Bear
1st Sep 2018, 04:31
Flight Standards in Darwin has an approved syllabus for the Kingair, but that doesn’t meet your East Coast requirement.

However, they would use the Ansett sim in Melbourne, meaning there isn’t a need to go to the NT - but you’d need to bring their Instructor to you or Melbourne, which could be arranged.

heavier than air
1st Sep 2018, 05:14
Horatio ,Flight Options i believe reconfigure their Proline 21 from 350 back to 200 for checks but not initials ?? Dont think they have the stand alone up and running yet
Flying Bear :Darwin wouldnt be a problem Ive worked up there . And yes the Melb sim is the one .
Thanks

Mach E Avelli
1st Sep 2018, 06:20
The MEL B200 sim is only level B, so while it is a very good idea to use it for the dangerous stuff like asymmetric, you'd still need to find an aeroplane to complete some circuits . There is a local school in the area that has an arrangement to use a King Air based either Essendon or Moorabbin.
I believe the MCY sim is a level D, so you should be able to do it all without hiring the aircraft.

Capt Fathom
1st Sep 2018, 06:39
In the good ole' days, you could do a King Air, Metro, Conquest endorsement just about anywhere.
Getting harder now.
How times have changed. :(

Mach E Avelli
1st Sep 2018, 10:12
Capt Deep Six I can remember way back when a commercial pilot could endorse another commercial pilot on light aircraft. My first and second twin endos were done by a company pilot who probably had about 100 hours on each type himself. Six months later I was doing the same for new comers. No CAR 217, Part 61 and all the other stuff that makes us so much safer today. Just a simple form to complete certifying 5 hours dual. Amazingly, few of us crashed and those that did were probably destined to do that regardless.

flying-spike
1st Sep 2018, 10:26
Capt Deep Six I can remember way back when a commercial pilot could endorse another commercial pilot on light aircraft. My first and second twin endos were done by a company pilot who probably had about 100 hours on each type himself. Six months later I was doing the same for new comers. No CAR 217, Part 61 and all the other stuff that makes us so much safer today. Just a simple form to complete certifying 5 hours dual. Amazingly, few of us crashed and those that did were probably destined to do that regardless.

5 hours? Eeeeee, you were lucky!

Stationair8
3rd Sep 2018, 14:50
Depends if the B200 you are going to fly is a Proline version then Maroochydore would be the go, but if it is a old clunker then the Ansett sim at Tulla would be a cheaper option.

A gentlemen by the name of John Chew, used to do some work in the B200 sim at one stage for various companies, maybe worth giving Ansett Sim Centre a phone call.

The old clunker will give you plenty of hung starts, hot starts, engine failures, engine fires, low oil pressure etc for your hard earned dollars.

Seagull201
4th Sep 2018, 07:48
If you need to get a King air B200 endorsement, you better get your cash ready, because it's not cheap.
Expect to fork out 15K with simulator time and 2 to 3 hours in the aircraft.
The glass cockpit version is nearly double that.
Throw on top of that, airfares, accommodation, meals, taxi fares.

Most of these king air endorsements, are company sponsored, in exchange for a return of service.
The Melbourne airports are your best bet to do the endorsement, you will find all the info online, followed by a phone call.
The training is intense.

Nibbles2310
4th Sep 2018, 09:16
Seagull, I've got a feeling the OP in fact has just bought a B200 to be based at a little airport north of Sydney rather than joe blow looking for an endo.

Horatio Leafblower
4th Sep 2018, 11:58
I've got a feeling the OP in fact has just bought a B200 to be based at a little airport north of Sydney
Yes - Rumour is that Matt Hall has a B200 coming (or already at YLMQ, actually).
This is great news, as there's not enough turboprop competition around Sydney already!

junior.VH-LFA
4th Sep 2018, 13:19
The Flight Options Sim at MCY is pretty good.

WannaBeBiggles
4th Sep 2018, 21:24
There's a sim in Sale too now isn't there?

Not sure if it's an option (about as far from "east coast" as you can get), but Careflight often send their drivers to Norway.