PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 medical

flyingwael330
31st Aug 2018, 16:04
Good day everyone ,

I have an EASA Class 1 medical that will expire by the end of the coming December , but finishing my training next month, i am leaving to outside of the EU .

I was wondering if i can have another class 1 medical from a country outside of EASA countries with my EASA pilot license instead of coming back were i am to renew the EASA medical ? Is it okay to have an EASA license with a foreign medical ?

Appreciate any help ,

Banana Joe
31st Aug 2018, 16:19
There are some EASA approved AME out of the continent and there should be a list of those approved by the UK CAA. Your EASA license will be valid only with a current EASA class 1 medical.

cavok_flyer
31st Aug 2018, 21:17
Good day everyone ,

I have an EASA Class 1 medical that will expire by the end of the coming December , but finishing my training next month, i am leaving to outside of the EU .

I was wondering if i can have another class 1 medical from a country outside of EASA countries with my EASA pilot license instead of coming back were i am to renew the EASA medical ? Is it okay to have an EASA license with a foreign medical ?

Appreciate any help ,

You can renew it up to 3 months before it expires.

flyingwael330
1st Sep 2018, 16:35
Thanks for the answer ,
On the internet all i could see is only 45 days before it expires , are you sure i can renew it till 3 months before . thanks again

cavok_flyer
1st Sep 2018, 17:41
Thanks for the answer ,
On the internet all i could see is only 45 days before it expires , are you sure i can renew it till 3 months before . thanks again
sorry, 90 days is for ratings...
nevertheless, you could still do it before you leave. just explain why and get it done!