PDA

View Full Version : Flux Capacitators....

ivor toolbox
30th Aug 2018, 06:45
You know how the news media grabs any comment as to a possible accident cause. . this will give you a giggle, sorry its one of those twitface links.
Here's one of Fox news finest reporting a light aeroplane mishap...

https://www.facebook.com/james.h.cost/videos/2051323811553711/

Ttfn

Pilot DAR
30th Aug 2018, 11:04
In defense of the reporter, she did report that someone else had made that statement. The fact that a person she might have presumed to have more knowledge than she blew one past her is not really her fault - though still entertaining! If we have to have fake news, it may as well be funny!

pilotmike
31st Aug 2018, 12:03
What on Earth is a Flux Capacitator?

Is it in any way associated with the well known and very useful flux capacitor, examples of which I regularly use in various electronic designs?;)

Fitter2
31st Aug 2018, 13:10
Hi Pilotmike

Please can you give a reference to your time-travel patents so that I can have my patent lawyers check for infringements of prior art.

F2

flyingtincan
31st Aug 2018, 13:15
Flux Capacitor - isn't that what Doc Brown used in Back to the Future?

dook
31st Aug 2018, 14:54
What on Earth is a Flux Capacitator?

We must remember that these people are gaadaeem Yanks, so they are unable to spell.

AerocatS2A
1st Sep 2018, 06:50
In defense of the reporter, she did report that someone else had made that statement. The fact that a person she might have presumed to have more knowledge than she blew one past her is not really her fault - though still entertaining! If we have to have fake news, it may as well be funny!
But that’s not good enough. A reporter should do more than just report that somebody said something, they should also check that what was said was reasonable. The only exception to that would be when the statement is news itself (a politician saying something for eg).

Nurse2Pilot
1st Sep 2018, 18:55
Source must be British.
Flux Capacitor = Flux Capacitator
Oriented = Orientated

Maoraigh1
1st Sep 2018, 20:32
Was the statement "it was the flux capacitor" made by a (senior?) staff member of the operating company, in response to the reporter asking about the cause of the engine failure? Replying to her question with a straight face?
If so, my sympathy is with the reporter.
I'd not be certain that a FADEC engine doesn't have something called that, which can cause it to stop. To expect a reporter to check such technical details in a minor story is asking far too much.

meleagertoo
3rd Sep 2018, 11:38
It always used to be blamed on the knurled flange-bracket.