PDA

View Full Version : JET2 colour schemes?

sixchannel
29th Aug 2018, 15:26
A great question from my 7yr old granddaughter having come out with us to FUE on JZBJ in red and silver scheme and back last week on JZBG in white and blue. "Grandad, why are they different colours?"
Anyone know why they have two very different and yet distinctive colour schemes on Jet2 aircraft?
Is it because they can? Lol.

Flying Wild
29th Aug 2018, 18:02
A great question from my 7yr old granddaughter having come out with us to FUE on JZBJ in red and silver scheme and back last week on JZBG in white and blue. "Grandad, why are they different colours?"
Anyone know why they have two very different and yet distinctive colour schemes on Jet2 aircraft?
Is it because they can? Lol.

The White and Blue paint scheme is known as the Jet2 Holidays colours.

The Silver (Grey) and Red are the traditional colours which Jet2 started out with.

edi_local
29th Aug 2018, 20:50
Is there any reason that the Jet2 Holidays scheme looks almost identical to the Allegiant air scheme?

Johnny F@rt Pants
29th Aug 2018, 21:39
Yes.

Jet2 leased a couple of 757s donkeys years ago that were Allegiant (or ex Allegiant, I can’t remember which). There was some sort of an agreement between Jet2 and Allegiant for Jet2 to use a scheme that was very similar to theirs.

Mooncrest
30th Aug 2018, 07:18
I guess the two distinct liveries reflect the two distinct aspects of Jet2's business, i.e. holidays and point to point airline seats and therefore give maximum exposure to each.

FYI, the brand new aircraft with the 'holidays' livery are delivered only with the simple blue markings on the fuselage and tailfin. I don't know why. The sunburst motif and the 'Jet2 holidays' titles are added post-delivery at a British paint shop, such as at East Midlands or Bournemouth.

sixchannel
30th Aug 2018, 08:10
I guess the two distinct liveries reflect the two distinct aspects of Jet2's business, i.e. holidays and point to point airline seats and therefore give maximum exposure to each.

FYI, the brand new aircraft with the 'holidays' livery are delivered only with the simple blue markings on the fuselage and tailfin. I don't know why. The sunburst motif and the 'Jet2 holidays' titles are added post-delivery at a British paint shop, such as at East Midlands or Bournemouth.

Thanks for the info, folks.
Freya thought the blue tail with sunburst looked "cool" said in a way only 7yr olds can.
I guess its its cheaper to finish the blue tails off in the UK than ex-Seattle?
Which begs the question - at what level of finish do the Red tails tails arrive at LBA? Fully pimped up or shy of the Jet2 paraphernalia?
Being a bit of an anorak, I looked on Jethro and saw that the new 737-800s JZBA and B are Red tails, JZBC - H are Blue and JZBI - N are Blue so clearly Jet2 actively promoting both sides of the business.

Mooncrest
31st Aug 2018, 03:53
The red tails are almost complete on arrival. They receive their name decal on the nose and any other lettering in the LBA hangar.

El Bunto
3rd Sep 2018, 07:59
FYI, the brand new aircraft with the 'holidays' livery are delivered only with the simple blue markings on the fuselage and tailfin. I don't know why.

From memory Boeing will apply two colours of paint as part of the standard purchase price. Anything extra costs $.

Mooncrest
7th Sep 2018, 18:33
Thankyou Bunto.