PDA

View Full Version : Smoking on bizjets?

double_barrel
25th Aug 2018, 07:41
As an occasional user of business jets, I once heard from the crew of a Citation X that a certain celeb and his entourage were smoking so much dope onboard that the flight crew had to go onto oxygen to stay safe. Does that sound credible? Is it legal to smoke (tobacco!) on a privately chartered aircraft ?

[This was a USA-registered aircraft and company operating in the USA]

25th Aug 2018, 07:57
As an occasional user of business jets, I once heard from the crew of a Citation X that a certain celeb and his entourage were smoking so much dope onboard that the flight crew had to go onto oxygen to stay safe. Does that sound credible? Is it legal to smoke (tobacco!) on a privately chartered aircraft ?
It's legal to smoke on an aircraft provided that the operators agrees, and that other applicable laws are complied with.
In many countries, regulations protect employees from the dangers of secondhand smoke, or lawyers advise employers to forbid smoking at work, in order to protect themselves against legal action, even when no specific regulation exist.

what next
25th Aug 2018, 12:12
Does that sound credible? Is it legal to smoke (tobacco!) on a privately chartered aircraft ?

Yes and yes. At least as far as Europe is concerned. And this is one of the reasons why I happily assist the passengers to get their suitcases through security but never their hand luggage. Just in case it gets opened and and illegal substances are found I do not want to be the one who was last seen holding that bag,