PDA

View Full Version : A320 full rating cost

Sucram
23rd Aug 2018, 11:07
Hi I am an experienced A320 Captain (nearly 11,000 hours Airbus command) but have not flown the aircraft for over 5 years (been on Boeings). With all the Airbus jobs about I was keen to renew my rating, does anyone know the cheapest route to this?, the cheapest I've seen is WIZZ at 12,000 euros but this is probably for their own people. Any genuine info gratefully received.

Banana Joe
23rd Aug 2018, 11:21
I'm afraid that after 36 months you let it expire you have to go through the whole course again. Average prices are 20-25k with base training included. And I've seen a few jobs ads for NTR Captain. easyJet on top of them.

Sucram
23rd Aug 2018, 11:39
I'm afraid that after 36 months you let it expire you have to go through the whole course again. Average prices are 20-25k with base training included. And I've seen a few jobs ads for NTR Captain. easyJet on top of them.
Thanks for the reply Banna Joe, I'm well aware of the need for a full rating, I'm just interested in the cheapest route, base training I hope would be ZFT to keep costs down.

Actually I believe only a full course is needed after 60 months, after 36months the ATO can tailor your training

Banana Joe
23rd Aug 2018, 11:44
Baltic Aviation Academy seem to have some competitive prices.

Sucram
23rd Aug 2018, 12:20
Baltic Aviation Academy seem to have some competitive prices.
Thanks I,'ll enquire

latecoere240
23rd Aug 2018, 13:25
Thanks for the reply Banna Joe, I'm well aware of the need for a full rating, I'm just interested in the cheapest route, base training I hope would be ZFT to keep costs down.

Actually I believe only a full course is needed after 60 months, after 36months the ATO can tailor your training

If you are in EASA land it's now 36 month. Before on JAA it was 5 years but legislation changed..... Check aircrew FCL.740 ( AMC page 247 )
https://www.part-aero.com/#part-fcl/FCL.740.A

Expiry longer than 3 years: the applicant should again undergo the training required for the initial issue of the rating.So a new type rating is required. Some of my friends got screwed with that when they changed it as they were relying on this 5 years...

FlightDetent
24th Aug 2018, 12:35
Baltic Aviation Academy seem to have some competitive prices. As the OP has a galaxy of experience already, that might be the cash smart choice. Loop Hotel in VNO is a super-decent choice, factoring the cost of living over the course duration...

An un-scrupulous would join WZZ, self fund, and leave once the job of choice is secured.