PDA

View Full Version : What do it reall take?

VirginA340
30th Jul 2001, 05:03
I really want to be a Airline pilot when i get older. At the moment im almost 15. When should i start taking lessons? Can anyone please hel? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Kermit 180
30th Jul 2001, 15:50
G'day Virgin A340. Not sure about the rules in your country, but you can generally fly at any age. I would say that 15 is a good age to start. There's usually age limitations on when you can go solo and get a licence, etc, so your best bet is to approach a local flight training establishment and ask some instructors.

By the way, interesting that you have a name like Virgin A340 and then have 'Fly AA 777" as a signature.

Kermie :)

Girt_bar
30th Jul 2001, 16:01
Kermie.

He's keeping his options open. :)

VirginA340

Take full advantage of the seasrch function on this site. You will learn a lot.
GOOD LUCK

Wibbly P
30th Jul 2001, 17:17
VirginA340

y

p

I found these two stray letters, I think they fell off your post.

WP
:D

Jimmy Mack
30th Jul 2001, 19:22
I think you have to be 16 to fly First Solo in the UK.

But that means you can get about 10 - 15 hours under your belt. There's not age limit to do the exams as far as I know - so you could get ahead with those.

stevieskywalker
30th Jul 2001, 20:14
VirginA340

Join the Air Trainging Corp, you're lucky knowing what you want so early on, free gliding and poss powered flight. You have to put up with a bit of marching up and down but not a great price to pay.

Captain Ratpup
30th Jul 2001, 21:21
Seeing that you live in the States, your best bet if you want to get some flying experience is to join the USA Civil Air Patrol. They regularly train with the US Air Force and you get to fly FOR FREE! Unfortunately, the Air Training Corps doesn't exist in the US.

Stevieskywalker,

Could be a bit hard him joining the Air Training Corps from the USA. Quite a long way to commute, I'd say. :rolleyes: