PDA

View Full Version : AS355 F2 tail rotor servo problems

haihio
18th Aug 2018, 02:55
Dear fellow rotorwing aviators,

I would like to know if any of you that have or have had experience operating the 355 F2 have experienced the same problems we are facing with one of ours:
basically we get stuck left pedal. I can apply right pedal no problem but I can only go forward a couple of centimeters on the left and then it gets stuck, if I push harder I can give full left pedal but that is without hydraulic assistance.

We have tried various options like swapping the tail servo from another serviceable 355, or doing some tests with the accumulator but still we can’t get it to work, we have also contacted airbus but they also haven’t been able to give us a definite answer.

Any useful info is appreciated.

Always fly safe !

HeliAl
18th Aug 2018, 06:43
Try swopping out your ACCU switch, it might have gone open circuit.

haihio
18th Aug 2018, 11:46
Hi helial. I’ll suggest this to the maintenance team. Thanks

Gordy
18th Aug 2018, 16:58
I had this problem o a B2 once...check the TR cable, it may have frayed and the metal cable will resist on the plastic/rubber sheath. (Not up on the technical terms these days).

GrayHorizonsHeli
18th Aug 2018, 18:47
Ive seen the load compensator installed incorrectly and it hangs up on the tailboom frame.

haihio
21st Aug 2018, 12:24
Thanks for your feedback, it’s very appreciated.

PEASACAKE
21st Aug 2018, 15:00
Ive seen the load compensator installed incorrectly and it hangs up on the tailboom frame.

We also had the same problem, incorrectly installed compensator. Found on the engineering ground run when releasing pressure in accumulator after shutdown (1990).

This was after replacing a tailboom.