PDA

View Full Version : Android time

Tone
16th Aug 2018, 11:17
For some unknown but extremely annoying reason my Galaxy tablet has started telling me the time every 5 minutes, three quick bleeps and a female voice gives the time. Clever old me has turned the volume down to minimum but the ##### thing still persists in reminding me that my life is ticking away. What did I do to deserve this and how can I stop it?

gemma10
16th Aug 2018, 12:38
Are you sure you haven`t inadvertently set the timer function to be activated? I had a similar problem with my iphone a while back.

FullOppositeRudder
17th Aug 2018, 11:30
It's possibly a 'feature' that has been activated accidentally. Google did not bring up all that many hints, but there were a couple which just may assist...

For some reason I am unable to post the two links I encountered, but if you Gurgle "galaxy tab announcing the time automatically" you should be able to find them.

Regards

FOR

Tone
17th Aug 2018, 15:47
A thousand blessings FOR. I had a GPS test application, ' AndroiTS GPS Test', on the tablet and it were that what was causing all the misery. Why it should suddenly start telling me the time after a couple of years of inactivity I'll never know. I've flushed all the electrons in the application down the sink and peace reigns.
Tone