PDA

View Full Version : OATS APP VS EPST

Jet-Black
30th Jul 2001, 01:46
I have applied for the EPST Programme. Oxfords' Airline Partner Programme looks to be just as good and I am considering that also.

For between £4-10000 more we Brits could train on our own doorstep, and will be 'guaranteed' an interview, apparently, with BMI KLMuk etc.

I know that EPST offers financial security if employment is not found, but like Oxford they will also use CTC if a job with their partner airlines is not secured.

EPST claim to be working with BA . Oxford also has connections with BA. Frankly, I believe £65,000 scheme is a British answer to a Dutch EPST.

What are your views?

JB

Trader7272
30th Jul 2001, 13:44
Don't forget that the cost of EPST seems to include everything 'except pocketmoney'.

Add on the cost of living in Oxford for a year and it may just sway your decision. It did mine.

Plus of course the lack of risk from the EPST funding program. Which with the pound due to increase against the dollar could well get cheaper. :)

Skyjob
30th Jul 2001, 19:40
FYI, EPST is partly owned by those running CTC.

Now, there's the catch. Because of this you'll be 'part of' CTC/ATP before starting your initial course and with the guaratee to refund you when no job is found after an X amount of time.....

Oxford being typical British, don't defend it or do it because of those reasons. EPST has placed already numerous cadets at various airlines, yes BA included, and Oxford only helps you to the interview by doing what? What happens after that interview? "Sorry, we've given you the interview..."

EPST has used Cabair for the better part of its recent years, but compared to BAE they became too expensive, and since they do not want to reduce their profits only so that another British company exists... You'll get the point, same level of education, less costs...

I'd know what I'd choose if I were to be in yor shoes at this stage, EPST. In fact this is what I have done and am now happily employed by a growing low-cost carrier in the UK.

Good luck, and a quick word of advise, British doesn't always mean better.

Send Clowns
30th Jul 2001, 23:06
£65 000? You have got to be kidding. That extra money, more than £20 000 over a modular and what do you get, a cheap room, food and an interview that you might well get anyway, and probably won't lead to a job! :confused: