PDA

View Full Version : changing registration on Loadsheet as LMC

C.M
12th Aug 2018, 05:46
In case a load sheet arrives with a wrong aircraft registration ( however for practical purposes we assume for a nearly identical aircraft ) can you think of a practical and legal issue against crossing out the registration and hand-writing the correct one ?
Note : Assume any minor difference in Basic empty mass and Basic Index have also been crossed out and corrected
All other data are assumed to be as we want because we supply this data to the dispatcher for the loadsheet preparation
I dealt with this issue the other day , I asked for a new load sheet, It took 10 minutes for the new one to arrive and I had 6 minutes to spare before I had to push to meet my CTOT.

tescoapp
12th Aug 2018, 07:05
As with most things it depends on what your manuals say....

Practical wise in audit if your unlucky and it gets pulled there will be lots of questions asked. I suspect most FOI will not be happy with it also SAFA inspectors.

In similar situation I have done a manual load sheet. I have also changed on the load sheet but phoned ops and had them produce a proper loadsheet and leave it in my tray for when I get back so that the document pack that gets filed has a clean correct loadsheet. The one that gets left on the ground never gets touched and generally gets filed for three months then gets binned, never gets looked at unless you crash.

I have had a SAFA inspector get upset because we manually changed the Captains name on the Plog after a last min crew swap. Being British I always assume that if there is nothing to say I can't do something then I can do it. A lot of cultures its the opposite if there is nothing to say you can you can't. After that incident the part A was changed to allow it. I believe another crew got caught by the same SAFA inspector afterwards for the same thing and after a bit of grumping they had to leave it. It was a finding when they pulled me.

There is also something similar with Plogs and changing Alternates and changing the fuel plan. But I think most plog generators now include multiple alternates so you can update the main fuel plan manually. We also have a procedure in part A that we can update via phone from flight planning.

So long story short, if your part A documentation section gives you the ability then you can no problems. If it doesn't then you will get to depart but after that it may give issues. A scribble all over the one you have and produce a manual loadsheet in the cruise for filing is also an option if your company allows manual loadsheets. I am told some don't.

Anilv
13th Aug 2018, 09:28
Even within a fleet of identically spec'd aircraft, there is a difference in the basic weight of each airplane. As the loadsheet starts with this weight, every other weight (ZFW, TOW, LW) will need to be corrected. Also the basic index will need to be changed as well.
That would be too many corrections.

Anilv

dc9-32
13th Aug 2018, 11:03
Do a new loadsheet and save all the potential problems.

Falcon900LX
2nd Sep 2018, 12:51
Not the same circumstances however, I received a loadsheet with the DOI adjusted using cabin bags since the aircraft would've been out of trim. Nice of them to tell everyone else involved that was their intentions.

Joker11
17th Sep 2018, 01:27
No way. Your weights will be totally wrong. Also dispatch would of calculated your flight plan with wrong weights. You have to start over again. If you out of luck you might need to reload and/or reseat the entire A/C

Also if this flight goes for an audit, there will be a lot of questions asked. Remember Loadsheets are legal docs.