PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst UK Airports

Luke341
27th Jul 2002, 10:29
In your views, which airports are the best/worst in the UK. I know that loads of you will say MAN/LGW/LHR as being the worst, but think carefully.

My votes;

BEST: BRISTOL (modern, spacious terminal), GLOUCESTERSHIRE (small, clean).

WORST: MANCHESTER (dirty, looks a bit shabby in some parts).

niknak
27th Jul 2002, 12:53
Best: Bristol and Gloucester for the reasons already stated, Norwich for overall service and reasonable value for money, Stansted for efficiancy and cleanliness.

Worst: Never had any real problems to speak of, at most places the pilots cause the problems anyway:p .
I agree that Manchester is a dump, but the operational staff are OK.

canberra
27th Jul 2002, 14:19
my best is a joint first between dundee and london city. both are small and effecient.
worst is probably manchester, trying hard to be lhr 2 but lets itself down on little things.

GrahamK
27th Jul 2002, 17:21
Best: NCL Modern, clean, spacious :)
Worst: BHX Found it cramped when I was there

Luke341
28th Jul 2002, 10:05
I like BHX actually. It's a really nice airport in my opinion!

corsaman
28th Jul 2002, 11:53
Belfast International has a shiny new check-in hall, but upstairs is scruffy, dated and has poor food outlets reminiscent of 1970's motorway services. Also grossly overpriced. BK does a good trade, because there's not much competition. There are hardly any airport screens around, and there are enormous cobwebs on the ceiling! A "no frills" airport, totally lacking in atmosphere. Hasn't felt the same since the departure of BA (Mainline and Citiexpress), SN, KLMUK and EI.

Edinburgh is smart and classy, has a greater choice of food outlets - not cheap, but of better quality, and the departure lounges offer great views of the runway whilst waiting. Seems to cater for full- and no-frills equally well.