PDA

View Full Version : BBC aboard P-8 in South China Sea

wub
11th Aug 2018, 13:02
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-45152525/south-china-sea-leave-immediately-and-keep-far-off

Pontius Navigator
12th Aug 2018, 07:01
Nice jolly for someone. Flew some Beeb in the mighty hunter. They checked the Air Mileage Indicator for their travel claim.

Heathrow Harry
12th Aug 2018, 07:13
well it brings the issues to a much wider audience - and the BBC still has a reputation for honesty......................

Martin the Martian
12th Aug 2018, 16:01
Interesting piece. I wonder if the Phllippine Air Force aircraft replied "Repeat please" to the hysterical Chinese controller?

Onceapilot
12th Aug 2018, 18:23
Power politics in action. :ooh: Unfortunately, I see that PRC have taken a position here that is now beyond simple reconciliation. They have not invested £££ to see it wasted. In this situation, I expect we will see further enforcement of the disputed airspace against non-compliant civil traffic in the near future. Military confrontation could become reality, it just depends when sufficient military pressure is applied. PRC have probably learned from the capitulation of resistance to the invasion of Crimea and, the knowledge that "possession is 90% of the law". :\

OAP