PDA

View Full Version : P51 over the Pennines 10th August 19.20

Mr Mac
11th Aug 2018, 08:25
Anybody know who's P51 was running up the Pennines last night. I just got back from the airport when I heard the distinctive sound of a Merlin / Packard and watched said P51 cross overhead heading north at approx. 19.20, presumably on the way to a display today. Good night to transit up here at least.
Regards
Mr Mac

DaveReidUK
11th Aug 2018, 08:52
Anybody know who's P51 was running up the Pennines last night. I just got back from the airport when I heard the distinctive sound of a Merlin / Packard and watched said P51 cross overhead heading north at approx. 19.20, presumably on the way to a display today. Good night to transit up here at least.

Blackpool Air Show (https://www.visitblackpool.com/things-to-do/events/blackpool-air-show/)

Mr Mac
11th Aug 2018, 13:39
DaveReidUK
Thank you for the heads up re Blackpool, as we normally get BBMF transiting to and from that show, and sure enough I have just had a Lancaster come very low over the house. The Spitfire and Hurricane were further away and a lot higher but the Lancaster was quite low judging by the height of Pole Moor Radio masts that they flew by.
Regards
Mr Mac