PDA

View Full Version : LearnersWorld

Toe Knee Tiler
7th Aug 2018, 15:55
Quite frankly I have had enough of our recreation time being taken up by this online requirement of CX. An increase in contract compliance to include a ban on, the ever expanding, free learning would be a sensible goal.

ROW_BOT
7th Aug 2018, 20:57
“CAD 371 7.5

Domestic Day Off (DDO)

A period at home base available for leisure and relaxation and free of all duties.”

Please guys, go ahead and fight this. The whole industry will thank you for calling a halt to this imposed unpaid overtime which is clearly in breach of the regulations.

Scoreboard
8th Aug 2018, 07:27
Give a thought to the lost hours downloading updating your ipad...........doing upwards of 30 mins before any duty is free time eating into my bloody min rest......ipads should have been kept at dispatch 1/3 of the ipads required and updated for your flight done.

missingblade
8th Aug 2018, 12:23
Give a thought to the lost hours downloading updating your ipad...........doing upwards of 30 mins before any duty is free time eating into my bloody min rest......ipads should have been kept at dispatch 1/3 of the ipads required and updated for your flight done.

Really? And you're in contract compliance?

Just rock up at sign on. Switch on your iPad and start updating and complying and downloading then. If it takes more than ten minutes then so be it...

And in response to the question from the FO when he says " Have you had a look at it all?" at one minute before sign on...
My favorite thing to say now is " No I've just started reading."

giggerty
8th Aug 2018, 13:57
At KA, if learners world is compulsory we get paid duty pay for it. If it's not compulsory then don't do it. I've still got a couple of outstanding modules.
Ipad updates I do in the briefing office. Wifi is fast. Why would you do it any other time? My iPad lives in my nav bag at home. It doesn't see the light of day here. Also The KA BO has desks and comfy chairs. I'm not looking forward to this standing up briefing stuff when we are forced to migrate to CX city

Air Profit
8th Aug 2018, 15:50
Sadly, there is NOTHING you can look forward to in being absorbed by this pathetically dysfunctional company.

Flex88
11th Aug 2018, 09:02
Sadly, there is NOTHING you can look forward to in being absorbed by this pathetically dysfunctional company.

Sure there is, starting soon ALL check and training pilots will be rostered to attend "Unconscious Bias" training - this of course slots perfectly hand in hand with our new "Diversity and Inclusion" policies.. And the fantastic part; we "should' get credit hours for this, how many? Well,, keep your eyes open..

Just a thought, I wonder which departments budget will pay for this seeing as there is soooo much of that nasty excess profit to spread about on gratuitous training ? Maybe the "lean team" should have reviewed this..

Oh well.
#Time To Win

Shot Nancy
11th Aug 2018, 10:42
https://youtu.be/TXPGuWQHqNw

Flex88
11th Aug 2018, 23:00
Simply another unwarranted and unnecessary waste of non existing profit by virtue signalling out of touch "Leaders".
Interesting that no one has actually hung their hat on this waste and identified exactly who owns this idea...

#CXit

rhoshamboe
12th Aug 2018, 01:02
A half arsed package put together by someone in the office on their lunch break that people are expected to do on their days off without credit. Where's the cost to them?

Flex88
12th Aug 2018, 01:14
A half arsed package put together by someone in the office on their lunch break that people are expected to do on their days off without credit. Where's the cost to them?

If they are rostering Flight/Cabin crew (which they are) there IS credit.. (i.e. COST $$$)

Sqwak7700
12th Aug 2018, 06:26
A half arsed package put together by someone in the office on their lunch break...

You obviously don’t work for Cathay. Minions do no work during their 2hr lunch breaks and 1 minute past quitting time they are already on the escalators rushing home for noodles.

You won’t see many people staying late to finish something in CX city.

Liam Gallagher
12th Aug 2018, 06:44
Following on from Sqwak7700, overheard on the staff bus from the airport to Cafe City last year. Two junior management bods with expensive haircuts, ironic facial hair and cheap suits discussing the upcoming Xmas hols.

Bod A. Are you taking leave over Xmas?
Bod B. Yeah, the way the stat hols work I only have to take a few leave days and get nearly 2 weeks off.
Bod A. (Realising he may have missed a trick). Oh.... I'm working through and just taking the stats.
Bod B. Does anything actually happen in Cathay City across Xmas and New Years?
Bod A. Does anything ever happen in Cathay City?

unitedabx
12th Aug 2018, 07:51
Totally agree. These cheap suited kids are just 2 year blow-ins. Don't even give them the time of day. They are SOOOOOOO jealous of not being a pilot
it eats them up. But they can say to their girlfriends "I work for Cathay" and hope the girl thinks they are a pilot.