PDA

View Full Version : Spring Airlines Japan

tomatoeand
7th Aug 2018, 11:24
Hello everyone,

Anyone has some informations regarding Spring Airlines Japan ?
How is the company ? Interview ?

Thanks

Gyutan
8th Aug 2018, 16:10
Company is standard japanese old mentality. Last year many pilots did not make it through training (many issues with JCAB even pilots already typed in the A/C). Interview might be little easy due to low staffing and they really need pilots. Their new airplanes are sitting on the ramp and are not been used. Another issue is their financial situation. They are borrowing more money from their main J-spring parent company to survive their daily operation. Their future financial outlook is good. This company will be at the bottom of my list or last resource.

Kampai!

Okcap
8th Aug 2018, 22:00
Hello everyone,

Anyone has some informations regarding Spring Airlines Japan ?
How is the company ? Interview ?

Thanks
They don’t hire any Australian pilot.....

galdian
9th Aug 2018, 04:08
If you were thinking of diving into the Japanese mentality of aviating maybe Skymark a consideration, appears more settled after upheavels with JAL invasion/bankruptcy/ANA involvement over the last 5 years, getting a couple of extra aircraft I believe and C&T a bit more standardised - allegedly.
No idea whether the first year of induction/training has improved or same fun and games.

In the good old days Skymark were very profitable and did well providing a stable service with a single reliable fleet, sounds like they may have returned to something like that.

Just a thought.
Cheers.

Gyutan
9th Aug 2018, 04:22
Skymark has improved a lot during the past few years. However, they still have few old JAL guys left there that are very anal and will make your life hard. Training is a bit long almost a year but, if you make it past your first year then they will leave you alone and basically accept you! Their staffing right now is low so some guys are not getting the block to block time off for commuting.

Good Luck

tomatoeand
9th Aug 2018, 21:53
Thank you all for the informations

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Escape Velocity
17th Aug 2018, 03:56
Tomatoeand:

Trying to send you a PM but your message folder is full.

Breakthesilence
17th Jan 2019, 15:13
I'd like to put this thread up because I'm interested in having more infos about Spring Japan.

Do they help you in making the training quicker compared to the 8 months of Skymark and Air Japan?

I'm worried about the financial situation and the outlook. My idea is to bring my wife with me in Japan and live there "until further notice" :E
Do you guys know if the Eye surgery done in the past is a problem during the medical check in Japan?

Many thanks for your help.
BTS

Reims_Rocket
19th Mar 2019, 00:46
Anywone knows what are the main issues with the JCAB regarding the conversion? Or is it the compnay trainers?

Navaz
10th May 2020, 09:18
Hi all!

Any update with Spring Japan?
I am flying B737 as a Capt in Europe and interesting in Japan.

Regards

Robpati67
27th May 2020, 22:48
Hi Guys,

I used to fly for Skynet Asia and Skymark. Do not expect piece of cake training.
It is gonna to be hard and you guys are going to see a lot of very good pilots
not making the task. So, if you want a relax training, stay away...
good luck.