PDA

View Full Version : Compass & other aptitude tests

F4F Wildcat
6th Aug 2018, 18:30
Hi all,

I’ve done quite a lot of prep for the compass test, and also read pretty much all there is on pprune about it. I do have one or two questions whilst doing online practise that i can’t seem to find the answer to:

- Aviation english: I thought i wouldn’t struggle as i’m english , but does anyone find this is more of a memory test ? 3-4 minutes of continuous ATC recording and you have to recall any specific detail of it after. Are you allowed to write anything as you listen or do i need to increase my ‘chunking’ ability as with the other memory test.

- easy/medium/hard: The hard setting on short term memory (4 parameters to recall in 7 seconds rather than 3) is just about do-able with much practise. The hard on the slalom seems impossible with over sensitive joystick response and the fast narrow road. But i can ace the medium. Does anyone know if the actual tests resemble the medium or hard when comparing the online versions to the real ones.

I feel most candidates in preparation would like to know this - at least my abject success/failure is currently subject to the difficulty settings and time periods of these practise tests.

Thanks in advance.

xen97
14th Sep 2018, 18:05
Hey sorry I cant help with your question but could you please tell me where you practice or where you bought the COMPASS practice software? Thank you!