PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Airlines Assessment

iWadi
2nd Aug 2018, 05:27
Hello Folks!
I have been invited to attend a singapore airlines assessment (interview and sim) in London between the 29th August - 1st September. So im just wondering if anybody else here has applied/been invited OR if anybody knows what I am to expect?

Any help is much appreciated

:) :) :) :) :)

PilotJamie
2nd Aug 2018, 18:32
Good Evening Wadi,

I received the email for the same dates. Waiting for further info also.

user2803
3rd Aug 2018, 10:22
Good evening guys.
so I have a question.
In the website they say

"Holds a CPL or Frozen ATPL recognized by CAAS"

For those having the European atpl will we have to convert the licence ?
and if so do you know the cost ?
greetings

Rpage123
3rd Aug 2018, 10:32
Good Evening Wadi,

I received the email for the same dates. Waiting for further info also.
Jamie
Once we get confirmed dates back we will have to maybe grab a coffee in London before hand or something? I have another friend who I did my training with also coming along!

Ross

Rpage123
3rd Aug 2018, 10:33
Good evening guys.
so I have a question.
In the website they say

"Holds a CPL or Frozen ATPL recognized by CAAS"

For those having the European atpl will we have to convert the licence ?
and if so do you know the cost ?
greetings
I can only assume we would need to get it converted.. but i dont actually know the costs

Genesis5
6th Aug 2018, 12:40
Hello,
Did you guys apply as direct entry First Officer ? I am quite eager to apply myself. Is it necessary to hold a university degree to be eligible ?
Any info on the assessment would of course be appreciated, good luck to you all !

PilotJamie
6th Aug 2018, 18:07
Jamie
Once we get confirmed dates back we will have to maybe grab a coffee in London before hand or something? I have another friend who I did my training with also coming along!

Ross

Spot on Ross. Sounds like a plan. Feel free to private message me on here and aim to get something sorted

Maybeal
13th Aug 2018, 09:36
Hey folks,

Just got an email the other week as well from Singapore inviting me for and interview/sim on the 29th aug to 1st sep,

I'm from the UK, applied for FO position nearly a year ago now, hard to find any juicy goss anywhere

Thanks in advance for any info chaps

Rpage123
13th Aug 2018, 12:42
Hey folks,

Just got an email the other week as well from Singapore inviting me for and interview/sim on the 29th aug to 1st sep,

I'm from the UK, applied for FO position nearly a year ago now, hard to find any juicy goss anywhere

Thanks in advance for any info chaps

I applied back in May/June time for second officer position. I've looked everywhere for any help/info on the process and cant find anything either! Looks like were going in blind!

PilotJamie
13th Aug 2018, 14:47
Hello,

I am in the same boat.SO invitation for interview/possible sim. Not much detail though..

Whatthef
14th Aug 2018, 02:38
Congrats guys! My application status still reads 'in review'.

Are they providing ticket/hotel/visa?

Do you guys mind sharing your experience level, just to get an idea of what experience they are seeking? My case - 270 TT, type rated on A320.

Maybeal
15th Aug 2018, 11:27
My application status still reads 'in review'.

You can read your application status?

I received an email a month ago asking if I was interested in an assessment, then about a week ago got an email confirming that it's on. Is that the same for other people?

It's very interesting that SIA are recruiting expats again AND interviewing them outside of Singapore! It's unheard of. from what I have read, last intake of Expats was the late nineties and they were all let go in 2013. So anytime ask for info/advice on different platforms the common reply is "why are you asking they don't recruit outside of Malaysia/Singapore"

My experience = 23yo, 2200tt, ATPL

Whatthef
15th Aug 2018, 13:03
Yes, you can. Once you log in, click on 'My Profile', it should display your application status.

It's kinda weird as their website states the interview will be held in Singapore. I did not realize, until now, that its actually being held in London.

I reckon it's only for UK citizens as I have not received any mail from them and I am not a UK citizen, either.

Whatthef
30th Aug 2018, 04:19
Guys, how was the assessment (both SO and FO)?!

Fudgelover
5th Sep 2018, 13:53
Was looking for this. I got an email on 24th. Attended interview and sim assessment 30 and 31st august. Sim was on 737CL full motion. My first time in a full motion. Passed the process and have filled CAAS licence conversion application. Fyi I hold 200hours modular out of school. I was told I may have to redo 14 atpl. Anybody else in my position?

Whatthef
7th Sep 2018, 02:18
Fudgelover, congrats!

Do you mind sharing the questions they asked in the interview?

Also, what was the sim profile like?

Fudgelover
7th Sep 2018, 07:07
Fudgelover, congrats!

Do you mind sharing the questions they asked in the interview?

Also, what was the sim profile like?

Pm me. However it was pretty standard process

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

FlyingH1gh
12th Sep 2018, 09:11
How did the London interviews go a few weeks back? I'd be keen to hear any feedback. Also, is everybody relatively low hours?

FH

Fudgelover
13th Sep 2018, 08:38
How did the London interviews go a few weeks back? I'd be keen to hear any feedback. Also, is everybody relatively low hours?

FH
Normal interview with panel and sim session. spread over 2 day period. Sim in 737CL. There were a good mix of low hour pilots and someexperienced FO's in the process. Don't know numbers at all since everybody attended according to appointment times. Very chilled out interview, probably the best I've been to.

Basa
29th Sep 2018, 23:26
I applied back in May/June time for second officer position. I've looked everywhere for any help/info on the process and cant find anything either! Looks like were going in blind!
Hi there. How long was the wait till you got a reply from Singapore airlines? Thanks in advance.

Fudgelover
30th Sep 2018, 14:38
Hello Folks!
I have been invited to attend a singapore airlines assessment (interview and sim) in London between the 29th August - 1st September. So im just wondering if anybody else here has applied/been invited OR if anybody knows what I am to expect?

hey Wadi, how did the assessment go? Please let me know as we may be in the same position

J74
24th Oct 2018, 18:26
is anybody now he term and condition for a DEFO ?
thanks

So Nobody has any information ???

pilot freak
6th Apr 2019, 10:17
Anyone got invited for the SO position?

appfo09
6th Apr 2019, 16:22
I've applied a few months ago, did not hear anything from them yet! How about everyone else in here?

mcchow
7th Apr 2019, 13:00
Normal interview with panel and sim session. spread over 2 day period. Sim in 737CL. There were a good mix of low hour pilots and someexperienced FO's in the process. Don't know numbers at all since everybody attended according to appointment times. Very chilled out interview, probably the best I've been to.
Hey Fudgelover
was wondering how was the interview and did they put you through a technical exam? Thanks

mcchow
9th Apr 2019, 06:15
Anyone got invited for the SO position?
Hey,I got invited for an interview for direct entry second officer end of this month in kuala lumpur as im a malaysian.

mcchow
21st Apr 2019, 11:17
Hello Folks!

Hi iwadi

how did it go and how was the interview? were u interviewed for the SO position or? thanks

BBB7700
9th May 2019, 20:10
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for the Direct Entry SO Position with SQ about 2 weeks ago, does anyone know how long it would take for them to reply?
Also is there an option to update your details in the application once submitted?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

mcchow
13th May 2019, 11:23
I got a reply from them within a month+ but i suppose it depends,i dnt think there's a specific time frame.I don't think you can update ur details,u can only withdraw it and re-apply I suppose.Btw,How many hours hv u got and is this ur first possible job?

anto125
13th May 2019, 11:41
Applied a month ago no answer still

appfo09
13th May 2019, 20:09
I got no answer either yet. Applied a few months ago for the second time. The first time was 2 years ago. Then there was a major website update and I had to apply again.

Unfortunately it is long waiting time and we don't know exactly what their priorities are in terms what kind of candidates are firstly invited. Which nationality, experience, background etc.etc.

Thank you!

mcchow
30th May 2019, 12:01
I can only speak for the second officer recruitment,I think they have a preference for Malaysian applicant besides their local Singaporean.
I suppose you can try to contact their HR personnel as I had a friend that did that when he received no replies from his initial application,and he happen to have gotten an interview date.

May I know what you are applying for? DEC/DEFO? or as DESO ?

cruisepower
27th Jun 2019, 13:01
Did anyone do the second officer sim assessment? Would like to know the experience.

Dano89
19th Jul 2019, 10:15
Hi guys,

Could anyone share the details about sim assesment. I have no idea of what to expect.

Vaero
19th Jul 2019, 17:08
My application has been in review for months now and no reply. At least reject me so I can move on :8

mcchow
7th Aug 2019, 09:54
Was asked to do a takeoff with A/T and FD while climbing then intercept radials.Then FD off,manual flight,manual thrust.did some climbs,climbing turns,steep turns(45),descending turns.and then was vectored to runway for ILS,down to minimums do a Go-around and then was repositioned for 2 visual approach(with and without wind) and the land the plane.

mcchow
13th Nov 2019, 05:45
Hi guys
Does anyone know if SIA allows one to reapply for the DESO position again after failing at the simulator assesment? If yes,how long is the cooling off period before being able to re submit my application.Thanks

cruisepower
15th Nov 2019, 05:16
My application has been in review for months now and no reply. At least reject me so I can move on :8

mine was under review for 1.5 years. Don’t lose hope. Look for other options in the meanwhile, maybe you will get a call later one from SiA

mcchow
20th Feb 2020, 08:16
So have you joined SIA already?