PDA

View Full Version : Honduras and Central America

jeff748
26th Jul 2002, 23:48
Heading down to Honduras for a contract on a large turboprop. Can anyone offer any words of wisdom regarding ATC, Customs, accomodation, food etc, and Airlines operating down there?

Doudou
27th Jul 2002, 00:44
Hi
I don't know about flying, just don't forget your vaccins (hepatitis A and B, typhoid, I think that's it), I got a hepatitis A after a trip to Guatemala, and it's really not nice.
Other, just to make you know, one or two years ago, they found in Guatemala 17 illegal runways in the jungle for drug transportation, I think you might see some small plane flying in the middle of nowhere:confused:
But Central America is cool! Lot of fun, beautifull places, beautifull women too, nice people... Enjoy!
I wanted to ask you, do you speak fluent spanish, cause I was thinking about going in Latin America, but my spanish is quite basic, so I don't know if it's a problem.

Once again, enjoy

Panama Jack
1st Aug 2002, 02:26
Wear a condom and pick your bed buddies wisely. In San Pedro Sula the HIV rate was somewhere around 16% while I was there in the mid-90's. Man, the girls are cute but really freaky there!!! :D

jeff748
1st Aug 2002, 02:35
Thanks for the info Panama Jack. :cool:
Those words are to live by...

Panama Jack
1st Aug 2002, 23:51
you wouldn't happen to be from a certain YTZ based Dash 7 operator would you?

non sched
2nd Aug 2002, 22:17
Best cigars outside Cuba! :D

Panama Jack
3rd Aug 2002, 00:54
Really??? :eek: I understood that cigar conoseurs prefer Nicaraguan.

Captain Stable
3rd Aug 2002, 09:25
Nope - Dominican :)

crazy_max
3rd Aug 2002, 13:58
Hey Jeff...

When are you heading down?
By the way, Dominican tobacco is "caca"...
Nicaraguan and Honduran are very good.......But try Cigars from Tabacalera Tambor from Costa Rica...by far the best outside Cuba....

Oe, oeeoeeoee...TICOS, TICOS,!!!!!

non sched
4th Aug 2002, 13:07
You can buy Cuban cigars there anyway and they're cheap compared to anywhere else! Nicaraguan cigars are very good but I like the strong flavor of Hondurans. :cool: