PDA

View Full Version : Grob 120tp, 115 or turbo prop PPL flight training schools?

British Aviator
1st Aug 2018, 16:25
Hi all, I currently have north of 20 hours on a Grob 115 and want to get my PPL. I would ideally like to get it through a flight training school that flies the Grob 120tp Prefect, Grob 115 Tutor or at least a turboprop with a control column in place of a yoke. Does anyone know where I could train on these aircraft outside the military? I live in London.

rudestuff
2nd Aug 2018, 09:06
Why on earth would you want to learn on a turbo prop?

Love PanAm
2nd Aug 2018, 09:17
like you said: in the military or fly a glider

B2N2
2nd Aug 2018, 18:31
Well I’m guessing you’re wrong on the turboprop but you may want to look for a flightschool that uses Diamond aircraft as they all have a stick instead of a yoke.

British Aviator
19th Aug 2018, 19:40
Thanks for the information. Are there any single-engined aircraft equipped with control columns instead of yokes that you would recommend? Furthermore, where around London would you recommend getting a PPL at?

Banana Joe
19th Aug 2018, 21:28
I did my training on Tecnam aircraft. The P2002 was nice and fun, but I wish I flew a PA28. One day maybe. Heard very good things about the DA40. I did my MEP and ME-IR on the P2006T which is nothing else than a low cost but effective trainer. I wish I flew a Seneca. One day, maybe.

aerodestination
20th Aug 2018, 07:51
switching between a yoke and stick only takes 10 minutes to get used to. I used to prefer the yoke and when I did most of my training in a DA40 and DA42 it was just fine. Switching back to yoke in a cessna or piper literally took me 10 seconds to get used to. Not such a big deal as you might think.

don't pick a flight school based on yoke/stick. Pick your flight school based on quality of training.