PDA

View Full Version : Airbus A320 Alternate LAW and Final APP mode

dm86
1st Aug 2018, 09:26
Hello, anybody know if there is some restriction on using a FINAL APP mode during a VOR while the plane is in ALT LAW/ DIRECT LAW.?
In case of dual hydroulic G+B or G+Y the FD still available, so I don't see any restrictions on using the FAPP mode in order to performe a VOR app.(instead to to raw data)
Thanks for the help
DM

flyboyike
1st Aug 2018, 15:10
We don't have such a restriction. I don't see why that would be not allowed, if it works, use it.

tubby linton
1st Aug 2018, 15:16
It depends on the elac standard. My former employer had some aircraft that prohibited the use of Managed approaches when single engine.with the autopilot engaged.
If you are going to have to hand fly because of the failure I cannot see a problem.

flyboyike
1st Aug 2018, 15:47
It depends on the elac standard. My former employer had some aircraft that prohibited the use of Managed approaches when single engine.with the autopilot engaged.

He's not asking about single-engine ops.

tubby linton
1st Aug 2018, 15:50
Read my last line again!

dm86
2nd Aug 2018, 05:09
Thanks for your kind answer, yes that’s was my idea,can do because FD is working fine. I knew there was such that restriction for single engine approach but on my company that restrictions has been remove. Thanks for the help
it was just to make sure there wasn’t any hide Airbus restriction that I never seen.
airvus sometime hide there info in many manual ..
thanks guys